585,971 active members*
4,250 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc alarm

Fanuc alarm

I've been trying to download a program I just wrote and every time I try sending it from my computer to the Fanuc controller I get an alarm that says 02 TV parity. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Here is what it says in the book what it means i dont know.

002 TV parity alarm

TV (the number of characters in a block is odd). this alarm will be generated only when the TV check is effective.

On you SET screen set TVC tv check to zero. Turn the TV check off.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Did the you get your problem solved?
    Al

I just happened to have the same alarm happen to me when trying to load a new program on a Fanuc 0T. What does the TV check do? If I turn it off, how will that affect other programs?

Quote Originally Posted by bz1801
    I just happened to have the same alarm happen to me when trying to load a new program on a Fanuc 0T. What does the TV check do? If I turn it off, how will that affect other programs?

It stands for Tape Vertical and it relates to the even or odd number of holes on punched paper tape - it has no effect on DNC (electronically transferred) programs.

Chris

Okay thanks, I'll try turning off TV check. This has never happened before that I know of, and the operator wasn't sure either. The screen displayed 5-6 blocks of the code and then showed the alarm. Could this have happened due to the way we uploaded the new file? I'm just wondering if a similar problem would occur repeatedly when we try and upload new program files in the future.

I had the same thing happen to me I am a one man shop nobody else.The TV parity changed on me all buy itself. I did what Al said and changed the parameter back .I would also like to know what made it change.
    Tim

I turned off the TV check, loaded the program, and it worked. I'm also curious to see if anyone knows what causes the error in the first place, especially since I'm loading files electronically, not using the punch tape.

As I stated above, it is for Paper tapes and has no purpose for computer communications. So, in other words, if you are using DNC (Computer communications), you turn off that function. It is used for error checking on punched paper tapes.

CHris

Cause of Fanuc TV alarm

There are two types of parity checking on a Fanuc control. TV (Tape Vertical) parity is seldom used, and it's usually turned off on the "Setting" screen as previous posts have mentioned. TH (Tape Horizontal) parity is also used when reading tapes or loading programs electronically.

If you wanted to make a program that would pass the TV parity check, you must be sure that every block of the program has an EVEN number of characters. For example, if the block has an even number of characters, like:

G00G90X.5000 (12 characters)

...then you won't get a TV alarm when you read it in. If the block has an odd number of characters, like:

G00G90X-.5000 (13 characters)

..then your DNC software or your post processor will have to add a "space" character to the block so it really has 14 characters, and even number

Manually edited programs will have roughly half the blocks with even numbers of characters, and half the blocks will have odd numbers of characters. That means that every other block of your program will generate the TV alarm if you have it enabled. Our DNC software can be set to transmit the extra space characters automatically, so we can use TV parity if we want to (we don't, however).

If you notice, the programs that a Fanuc sends back to your PC always has an even number of characters. The odd numbered blocks will have the extra space at the end. If you manually edit one of those blocks, however, the block will not pass the TV check when you read it back in.

A totally different type of parity checking is TH (Tape Horizontal) parity. The TH alarm is generated when a wrong CHARACTER parity is read by the CNC. TH parity refers to the number of hole ACROSS a paper tape or (when downloading electronically) the number of binary bits in each character. Fanuc controls require even parity when reading ISO tapes (ASCII even parity) and odd parity when reading the old EIA tapes. Unlike TV parity checking, TH parity checking can not be turned off on a Fanuc. A TH alarm means that you have an illegal character in your program, or a problem with your paper tape reader or the RS232 transmission.

Dan,
    I never understood why some of the blocks in downloaded programs had an extra space character at the end. And now I do. There wouldn't happen to be a parameter to drop the extra spaces, would there?
    Thanks

TV output

I don't know of any parameter to turn that off. The TVON bit on the setting page just turns off the CNCs TV parity checking when it's reading data. I'm pretty sure that all Fanucs will send programs back to the PC with TV parity no matter what.

It's kind of funny, but when a Fanuc reads a program from a PC, it strips out spaces to conserve memory. The spaces you see on the Fanuc CRT are put in there only for readability, but they're not really in the file anymore once it's in the Fanuc memory. When sending files back to a PC, Fanucs always send data with no spaces, except for that last space for even TV parity.

We sell DNC software for a living, and we always get calls from Fanuc owners who wonder why their file lost all the spaces when sending back to the PC. We had to add a "Add spaces for readability" function to our editor just to put them back.

Hi there! I've already solve the problem about th parity alarm, but now i have new problem in downloading of program from pc to machine using REMOTE mode, alarms are appearing like, ADDRESS NOT FOUND, and ILLEGAL USE OF DECIMAL POINT. when I check the program where alarm was happen, value like x-172..256 for illegal use of decimal point and for ADDRESS NOT FOUND there were no x,y,z, appears (e.g. x100. y-25. 0.25 this only happens during 3D machining, we check the data and there is nothing wrong with the program, can somebody help for which parameters of SNK-RB 2NM machine we will adjust? thanks.

I was getting a SR591 TV Error, I came across this post and did what Al said, and it fixed it right up! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mhykel View Post
    Hi there! I've already solve the problem about th parity alarm, but now i have new problem in downloading of program from pc to machine using REMOTE mode, alarms are appearing like, ADDRESS NOT FOUND, and ILLEGAL USE OF DECIMAL POINT. when I check the program where alarm was happen, value like x-172..256 for illegal use of decimal point and for ADDRESS NOT FOUND there were no x,y,z, appears (e.g. x100. y-25. 0.25 this only happens during 3D machining, we check the data and there is nothing wrong with the program, can somebody help for which parameters of SNK-RB 2NM machine we will adjust? thanks.

How long is the wire that you are using to transmit the program? Is it properly shielded? You can also try a lower baud rate as that will sometimes correct these kinds of problems.

Post Alarma Fanuc Om dont run prgram in cycle start

i have a program in the memory but i cant run the program in auto mode whit the button of opt start or cycle start, and alarm dont appear
    what can i do???
    I CAN MOVE THE MACHINE HANDLE AND WITH JOG AND I CAN MOVE THE SPINDLE AND RETURN TO HOME
    THE MACHINE IS COMUNICATED WITH THE PC, BUT
    I CHECK THAT IS NOT ACTIVATED THE SINGLE BLOCK, MACHINE LOCK, OPTIONAL STOP, EMERCENCY STOP.

I DONT HAVE ANY ALARM , AND THE MACHINE DONT RUN THE PROGRAM IN AUTO MODE FOR THE (CYCLE START)

IN PAST DAY THE MACHINE RUN AND I MADE A SPHERE , BUT NOW I CANT RUN THE MACHINE

I SEND YOU THE PROGRAM, IS BASIC PROGRAM

We have had a CNC sitting for awile and went to use it and it alarmed with low batteries. We replaced the batteries and had to also home the turret. All appeared Ok until we got the mentioned TV parity alarm. Searched here and I hopefuly have found the answer! I thought I would mention it and maybe someone can figure out the why it does it on it's own. I'll go turn off the TV check and see how it does!

Oh and don't let CNC's sit! They won't tell you the battery condition while off!

TH ERROR ON CHANGING BAUD RATE

Dear Dan Fritz,
    A comprehensive detail about TV and TH error. I am facing problem about alarm at
    9600 baud rate, 2 stop bits and even parity. but no problem on 2400 baud rate, 2 stop bits and even parity.
    What is the logic behind this ?

I have found many of the older Fanuc's would hic-up with anything over 4800baud.
    You most likely are getting a buffer over run?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.