584,858 active members*
4,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > QT10 chuck barrier data..and parameters needed (YESTERDAY!..help)

QT10 chuck barrier data..and parameters needed (YESTERDAY!..help)

I need parameters for a QT10...this is has the T1 control. We have the booklet for the 2 page parameters but the chuck barrier and travel parameters are GONE!! Anyone have a list they can send me? Or a picture of their data?

I have the setting and option parameters p1 & p2 but not the chuck barrier.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

most people never had that data, just set the travels to 99. and -99.
    the rest of the screen would be set up so you could not crash your machine so you would set it up for the size of the chuck.

this is the parameters from T1 ST30
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00762.jpg  

you don't need the barriers, they are useless in most applications. go the the set up pages and page thro' until you find barriers, then make the 1 to a 0, end of problem. Or, if you feel you need them, measure the diameter and length of the chuck including the chuck jaws, add 1/8th of an inch to both and input these values.

I keep getting parameter errors. I did the 2 pages of parameters but need the others. I have some parameters that are outlined in white on the screen. Will try to change those tonight to see if something different happens

Same thing...even OT release doesnt work to move anything. Turret is in the middle of the travel. Here are my parameters...whats wrong?

Corrupted data

Was anything else corrupted? I see by your pics that some tool data and cutting conditions are corrupted. I was just at a customer yesterday that has a QT-20 with a T-1. I had to pull the entire control and send to Mitsubishi for testing and repair. Eventhough I was able to clear the corrupted data, machine would still alarm out. They found problems on a couple of the NC cards, and the battery was shot. Needless to say, the customer bought this machine used, and has no hard copy of params or of the jumper settings for the NC boards. If you must pull the NC for repair, carefully look at EACH board, record what it is, and what each jumper is set to. Mazak tells me that Mitsubishi does to reset these to the machine specs after they are done testing and repair. So now, I have to find them somewhere, either through Mazak or Mits, and they are both about worthless.

during my time as field service engineer on the T1 control, I remember that the parameter tape has to be fed through twice, without reset. The baud rate was around 300bps and needed to be slow using a punch tape. Second, if the battery voltage is too low you can't run the machine even if you reset the alarm.

There is a 'secret' OP parameter and hidden softkeys to completely clear memory and then reload, I usually reload by hand as there is only a couple of parameter screens plus the barriers.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.