584,871 active members*
5,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Colchester Tornado lathes > Colchester Tornado 200 Door Release

Colchester Tornado 200 Door Release

I had a turret crash and had to use the emergency stop button, then i was left in a situation where no matter what i did i could not get the door shot bolt to release. I had to strip the interlock off to get the door open. Surely there must be a way other than this. Can anyone help me on this ?

Richard Marsh
    RRb Machining Services

door switch

There is no way to defeat the door interlock usually, but you can put in a link wire to force the shot bolt to release. what you will need is a length of 0.040" wire, and a toggle switch.

use the electrical manuals to find the 24vdc feed to the shot bolt solenoid. with the power off, connect half the length of wire to the 24vdc and the other end to the toggle switch. Connect the other half of the wire to the other n/o contact of the toggle switch and then to the output terminal to the solenoid. Power on and when powered up, throw the toggle switch which will apply 24vdc to the solenoid and release the door shot bolt.

remember to reset the switch to the off position after opening the door. the reason for this is because the door switch locks without power, which is why in e-stop you couldn't open the door !

Door interlock

yes there depending on which interlock is fitted if its the white and black klocknermoeller there is an overlarge cross head screw on the side if it is the guard master then release the silver philps screw on the top and then turn the flat blade screw it retains you can also press and hold the power on button this overides the crash protection switch.

does anybody has an idea how much the encoder for the x axis for a colchester cnc lathe cost?

Marco:
    I think the price will depend on the model of your Numeric Control
    it is a Fanuc right?
    Also what model is your Lathe?
    I work on the Tornado 200 A

colchester lathe

firts of all thanks for replay . yes is a fanuc- ot control
    the model of the machine is..an old one ! colchester cnc-3000l.