585,872 active members*
3,430 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Prizmatic test?

Does anyone do this type of engraving? It almost looks like it was "diamond" cut as the outcome is very goemetric looking. Does anyone have a clue what I mean? lol!!

I would post a pic but the owner of the picture would not let me.

By the way, the idiot that typed in the title " Prizmatic test? " should have typed Prizmatic text? Sorry about that!
    Dave->..

I just happen to see your inquirey.
    Could you find an example of the lettering or engraving style that did not belong to this other person and post that insted?
    You call it "prismatic" would Gothic be more acurate? If that is the case I might hazard a guess, sight un-seen, that what you are looking at was done on a "trophy machine"
    This is a set of pantogragh arms that follow the type masters and scribe the copy with a non-rotating diamond point tool. It can be a very nice effect but it is used for lines only. Some of the fancier lettering styles will incude a fill-in lining effect on the thicker parts of letters to give a more finished look, also very nice.

thanks for replying, merl, I'm including a pic of part of the engraving. The surface is almost "prism" looking and refracts the light really well. It gives the illusion of being "V" cut but it's all on the same depth.

I blurred out most of it but what you can see is the letters "CLO" in a patterned shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engravingcloseMikesclo.JPG  
    Dave->..

I was completly wrong on that one I guess.
    It looks like you have something done on a three axis cnc engraver and probably a proprietary text style.
    I would like to see the whole alphabet laid out like that once.