585,926 active members*
3,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Biesse rover

Biesse rover

Dear sir /Madam,

I have Biesse Rover 342 CNC machine and need Soft ware desks (Machine, PLC, Language, etc) because the all data lost ,we try to contact Biesse but not response from him so can any one support me by sent the soft ware disks?

try to send an email to Biesse Service and quote them the serial number of your machine...

Biesse Rover 322 Datatransfer problem

Hi there,
    I know the problem with Biesse. they only want to sell new machines...
    I have a Biesse Rover 322 and asked them if it was possible to connect my CNC to a PC. I have to program line for line in my workshop.
    I'd like to do this on my desk with a PC, but it's not possible they say. Buy a new one... Even in Italy they don't respond to e-mail...

Is there enyone that can tell me if it is possible to connect my Biesse to a PC cause I don't believe a word they say.
    I'm new in this but I can see an X-ax, Y-ax and a Z-ax. Everyone is driven by a motorcontroller... how diff. can it be ?

The Roover had a floppy drive (1.44Mb) and some serial ports.
    The floppy are not FAT format....

Thanks

Hi Mario B,

you did not mention your controller type but i guess it is the CNI RT480, this control is already obselete and a few technician in Biesse knows this, but i do remember that CNI used to have a CAD CAM software for this type of controller. Biesse already have a new software called Biesseworks but unfortunately it is not backward compatible. your best bet is to ask your dealer or Biesse directly for the old CAM software if it is still available (I think it is still available as CNI is part of Biesse). if you still require info, PM me.
    Regards,
    knap

Hi, knap.
    Tnkx for the reply.
    I'm getting the feeling, my dream won't come true.
    Is there a software where I can draw a 3D part on a PC and get the G-code in a .txt file automaticly. (I don't even know if my Biesse works in G-Code)
    How the code will get into the CNC is step 2.
    tnkx
    Mario

Hi Mario,

In the market the most accessible is AlphaCAM, and if you can find the old Biesse post then output of this you could directly key in to the machine controller. as for your info Biesse uses G codes but they also use fixed cycles (sub-routines) built by Biesse so instead of creating long lines to initiate a sequence it would instead be created in a single line, usually on the end of the line you would see L=???? (where ???? is the name of the fixed cycle)

cheers,
    knap

Hi Knap,
    Thanks for your time.
    I have contacted planitsolutions in the UK.
    Let you know what there answer will be.
    thanks again.
    gr Mario

click my name and read my other posts. things are possible... but not much!

Hi, all...
    As I said, I've contacted Alphacam and they are comming today to my workshop. They are convinced to have a solution for me.
    Let you now...
    gr
    Mario

makes sure they show you it do something on your machine!
    make sure they can output the code to disk in cni format! ( i have software for that)

is your running program limit 11k like most biesse old machines? if so useless for anything more than the simplest of jobs!

do you have the serial port connected on your machine?
    alphacam is fantastic software, if your machine can run the code it generates- (your machine is probably limited to approx 350-400 lines of code max to run as 1 program)

id be interested to know what they say.
    by the way alphacam works great for 2d panel work on biesse

Hi there,
    Alphacam has just left the building...
    My first impression ? hmmm.... I have the impression they do not know Biesse.
    I had to show them how we build a program now, what kind of codes we use... I suppose that every Biesse works in the same language (?)
    This would not be the question if they already had solved this kind of problem... but I can be wrong of course...
    They will search now for a solution on how to transfer the data from my PC to the CNC. It will be with a floppy disk...

I think we'll talk 20.000€....

20000. wow!
    what controller do you have on your machine?
    i have software to write floppy for cni on windows based pc
    you can use bobcad for about £300! i have postprocessors ive written for biesse

if your considering 20000 id put your money into a controller refit instead.

what do you want to make, product?

Hi Battwell,
    My controller is a NC481.
    What will it cost me te get the software you are talking about ?
    I don't think I can affort to invest 20.000€, on the other side, the guy I have talked about, the one that can program my CNC... he is putting hours and hours into that machine... I can not watch this any more.
    You also talk about a refit of the controller. Do you know anyone who does ?

What I want to do with it ?
    I want to do 2D and if possible 3D.
    The guy from Alphacam asked how many axes I can steer simultaneously and we did he test.... X-Y and Z at the same time.

software to read and write disks is £599
    its not a cad program but it does allow on screen editing and rewriting.
    the nc 481 is the same as i have... its old hat! it has an 11k limit on program size which equates to approx 400 lines if your lucky so absolutely useless for anything more than the simplest 3d stuff. for 2d panel work its quite adequate. i make some quite complex parts! all 2d but with z ramping etc so 2.5 d i suppose!
    i write all my programs by hand into the controller as i like to beat the machine... it tried to beat me for the first few months!
    if you are making similar products its easy to program parametrically when you get used to it so you just change a few numbers to make different sizes etc. eg kitchen doors, stair parts etc
    im working on a refit for mine . theres a lot more to it than first meets the eye! it wont be cheap!

give me an example of a few of your products, il see if i can help cut your programming costs!

a breakdown of what the program can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have Biesse cnc machines read on.

A solution to a long time problem with the biesse cni controller file format
    This gets rid of the need to use old programs like rtcom which will only run on old pcs.

Until now it has been virtually impossible to read and write floppys from the biesse controllers in normal modern pcs.
    It is written to run under Java. Will run in any PC with windows. Which supports usb and floppy.(you may have to download and install Java on your PC)

The program written runs within a dedicated (but encrypted for copyright) usb stick. So allows you to use in and backup onto any PC you own or use.

It allows you to

Read in a floppy disk into a full editor with both routing and drilling sections seperated. The drilling sections separate into a complete drilling table!
    Also shows full optimised drilling section seperately in editor.
    Read in an image which has been save to PC.
    Write an image of complete floppy to PC. (allows you to back up all data on PC)

Import a cad postprocessed file in any text file format. I.e.. .txt .tap .cnc etc from PC
    The editor opens so you can then see what gcode is going to be written, which can be manually edited and saved if required.

One click button to format a disk in cni format . (for use in controller)

Full commands available.

New allows you to manually write or copy/paste blocks of program text to make a new program in the editor
    Import imports a file from PC into the editor for checking/editing or saving to disk
    Add to floppy adds programs in the editor to the floppy section for writing
    Delete deletes a program in editor

Read read a floppy written in controller in PC floppy drive, opens in editor. All programs neatly listed by program name.
    Write write a floppy with whatever programs you choose from list.
    Read image reads an image (backup) of floppy written and saved to PC previously
    Write image writes a full backup image of all programs from floppy or editor.
    Format quickly format a floppy to cni format for use as a blank disk directly in controller.
    Save program copies programs listed in editor to floppy program list section for writing
    Delete program deletes a single program from floppy list before writing
    Clear clears totally the floppy program write list. For convenience- clear all and start again!

All programs can be saved directly to the usb stick too, allowing you to write a backup image on any PC your using, so makes it really quick to share files with other users. (or as I do, I cad and postprocess files at home and take the usb stick to work to use, simply writing the floppy on my office PC)
    The written image files can be emailed to another user anywhere in the world who can then copy to disk and run on their machine if they have the same program to write the floppy

the only thing which wasnt implemented when ive tested it was editing subroutines. which may have been done now.

if your in the UK im happy to demonstrate it to you at my workshop.
    if you wish to purchase the fully working program, i can arrange that also :-)

Hi there! I have a Biesse 335 Rover CNC machine. However, i was told we cannot do anything about the floppy problem. I am optimistic somewhere out there can help.

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by berne935 View Post
    Hi there! I have a Biesse 335 Rover CNC machine. However, i was told we cannot do anything about the floppy problem. I am optimistic somewhere out there can help.

Bernie
    Hi there,
    I have solved the problem for some time now.
    We have a drawingsoftware on a PC. The software writes our drawing in G-code automaticly on a floppy. (with the proper format) I just have to put the floppy into my CNC.
    Everything works fine... and I can create anything I want now.
    It's almost 2 years now that I didn't write 1 single line of G-code...

Re: Biesse rover

Hello to all!

We have Biesse Rover 322 with CNI RT480. We also have all the disk for machine and also DXF/CID3, CAM, and RT480PC disks. Back then we bougt hardlock Sentinel. I recently bought and installed COM1 port for that hardlock.
    I have next problems:
    1. installed win95 but have problems with USB recognition, so I am without floppy (maybe I could buy used one for few € )
    2. Sentinel hardlock is not recognised by applications so I have 3 months trial version

Mario B you said that you found the solution for your ROVER 322? Can you pleas explain it?
    eng_semsem1980 I coul send you disks you need, or I could post them here if that is allowed?