585,728 active members*
4,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > NEED HEELP ALARM #414 Y AXIS SERVO ALARM?

Unhappy NEED HEELP ALARM #414 Y AXIS SERVO ALARM?

HELLO ALL,
    I KEEP GETTING THIS ALARM ON MY FANUC 18 CONTROL, AND CANT FIGURE OUT WHY. I MAINLY GET IT WHEN I USE THE MPG AT FULL SPEED OR IF I TURN MY RAPID UP OVER 50%. I HAVE TAKEN OFF THE SERVO AND MOVED THE MPG HANDLE AROUND AND NO ALARM. I ALSO MOVED THE Y AXIS WIRES AROUND THINKING IT WAS A SHORT. IM LOST AND CONFUSED! PLEASE HELP!
    THANKS,
    PICMAN

This is a Digital servo alarm, what number is on the servo amp? or look in diagnostic 200 the bit will tell you what the cause of the error is.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The Y axis isn't running as smooth as it should.I got this alarm a couple off times on the Z axis before I found out what it was.The ways were dry.No lubrication.'

Or it could be a bad servo/motor.
    Stefan Vendin

if the alarm exist.pls. check diagnostic parameter 200 and check the diagnostic status

check the diagnostic parameter 200 bit 2,3,if the bit is 1 the servo is HVA or HVO.meaning the axis is stock up or the teflon slide is damage.

is it a horizontal mill? be sure if its a gravity axis that the brake is releasing and the counterbalance is set right.

you should have a servo tuning page- system, right shift, servo(setting?),servo (tuning?)...forget what the key says- anyway it will show current% if current excessive only in one direction, could be a thrust bearing/ballnut (or counterbalance of course if gravity axis). high current both ways= lube like someone already mentioned, slide damage, screw/bearing/brake trouble.

if servo current is NOT excessive, your 'linear acc/dec for manual feed' parameter might be too short...most machines run around 100msec or more to keep the MPG from making the servo growl too bad from pulsed movement...

Maybe try to swop out the motors.

Check parameter 2020 X and Y. If, and only if these values are the same you can do the following:
    1.Swap the JF1 and JF2 cables on the servo amp. This is for a dual servo amp.
    2. Interchange the U,V,W wires (keeping the same order) between the L and M terminals for the power cables.
    3. Power On and use the X-axis command to move the Y-axis motor and vice versa.

If the problem moves to the X-axis motor, the fault is not cabling or motors.

Next:

1. Interchange JV1 or JS1 with JV2 or JS2 cables on the servo amp.
    2. Power On and check movement / alarms. (X command will move X-axis this time etc.)

If the alarm / problem persists on the Y-axis:
    1. Parameter adjustment / correction required.
    2. Main PCB or axes control module might be faulty.
    3. Servo amp and motor are probably ok. Amp is faulty if X-axis motor starts with symptoms / alarm.
    (Remember to return cables to original positions after this test)

Also:
    Backup the parameters first then initialize the Y-axis parameters:
    Set PRM2000 Y to 00000000.
    Manually type the parameters for Y from 2002 up to 2024.
    Power off then on and check.
    Reload original parameters if no improvement detected.

The above assumes FS-18MA/B/C. The first test will work also for FS-18iMA/B as well as the parameter initialize test, provided that servo tuning was not performed to eliminate problems associated with vibration etc.

Confusing again hehe but quite effective. Let us know which FS-18 you have, the servo amp spec and value of PRM 2020...