585,922 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Datasheet for Stepper Motor needed

Datasheet for Stepper Motor needed

Dear all!

I´m searching for a datasheet for a Stepper motor
    I know only the things written on a label which is on the back of the motor:

127K43531
    STP-58D3004
    1.8°/Step 0,48 Ohm
    2534OG

Does anyone know the Manufacturer of this motor an further know where to get a datasheet for it?

The most important thing I would like to know the "Holding Power" (I hope you know what i mean) an the current the motor consumes.

Any Help would be appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards
    Aticio

Aticio,
    I belive that is a Shinano Kenshi product code. You might want to try their website. I have some STP-58D4002-03 I bought for $8 at Allelectronics and I thnk they are about ~100 oz/in holding torque.

Hope this helps.
    Art

Thanks a lot.

I tried it already on the Site of Shinano Kenshi but did not find anything which is fitting to this motor.

Also i tried to write a mail to Shinano Kenshi, but no answer at all.

How much is ~100 oz/in in European words?

Thanks again

Kind Regards
    Aticio

The value from an Asian language datasheet was actually 9.1 Kg/cm (~126 oz/in).

cheers,
    Art

Hi.

@art887: Thanks.

The actual SST58D3xxx Series from Shinano Kenshi has about 7,3kg/cm and
    the SST58D4xxx Series has 9,2kg/cm.

So I think mine has about 7,3kg/cm.

Does anbody have another (better) info about my motor?

Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards
    Aticio

Aticio, or has anyone else found out the specs for this motor. I found these at my local surplus store. any info would be great.

brad

Hi.

No, sorry.

These motors are still laying around here.

I found nothing more about it.

I would be very pleased about more info also!

Kind Regards

Aticio

Hello everyone.

Recently i have ordered FL60STH86-3008BF stepper motors, but it seems that i received little different ones, because some dimensions are a bit different from FL60STH86-3008BF. On the motor label it says: "60HS88DE103D-01". I've tried looking on the net for any information, but couldn't find anything. Also i wrote an email to the seller, but still no answer, so i'm asking you for help. I need a datasheet for this motor, because i can't wire it correctly to MSD542 driver. It keeps buzzing and tries to turn to both sides at the same time, so it simply keeps twitching forward and backwards.

Hi,
    I ordered ht6088-3008bf and received 60hs88de103d-01.
    Try here for description of model No. (http://www.3xmotion.com/english/defa...pper_Motor.asp)
    also (http://www.motioncontrolproducts.co..../FL60STH86.pdf)
    shows colour codes of cables. To get mine running in series I had to reverse the green winding to what it indicated on diagram. Now run sweet.
    cheers
    tony.

Oxyd
    see wiring diag
    hope this helps
    tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 60HS88DE103D_wiring.bmp  

Quote Originally Posted by tobo123 View Post
    Oxyd
    see wiring diag
    hope this helps
    tony

Yes that was very helpful. Motor turned from first try perfectly and had torque. Thank you very much. Now all it's left to put them in their place, finish mounting for spindle, wire everything up and i'm ready to go for a test run. :cheers:

hi oxyd,
    here is parallel config you req. for 60hs88de130d stepper motor (msd542 driver)

A+ red/white and blue
    A- red and blue/white

B+ black and green/white
    B- black/white and green

i'll be changing mine to this, higher top end.

regards tony

Hi guys,
    I'm in the same situation as you are :
    ordered the 3Nm from Zapp Automation UK and got these 60HS88DE 103D.
    Problem si they use different Voltage and Amperage compared to the model I actually ordered (now I understand why the price was low -seller swaps products and presents different datasheets).

Question is : I already got the PSU matched for the ht6088-3008bf (the model I actually ordered), the motors I received run on higher voltage that the drive I have can't output.

To me this seems a scam, they trick clients into buying their motors but ship something else. I would personally want a refund/partial refund as the motors I got don't fit my application anymore because of higher voltage requirements.
    Anybody edalt with Zapp Automation about this ?

Regards,
    Florin

Quote Originally Posted by isvflorin View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm in the same situation as you are :
    ordered the 3Nm from Zapp Automation UK and got these 60HS88DE 103D.
    Problem si they use different Voltage and Amperage compared to the model I actually ordered (now I understand why the price was low -seller swaps products and presents different datasheets).

Question is : I already got the PSU matched for the ht6088-3008bf (the model I actually ordered), the motors I received run on higher voltage that the drive I have can't output.

To me this seems a scam, they trick clients into buying their motors but ship something else. I would personally want a refund/partial refund as the motors I got don't fit my application anymore because of higher voltage requirements.
    Anybody edalt with Zapp Automation about this ?

Regards,
    Florin
    you didn't mention what voltage your using, what drivers are you running. As long as you ignore data sheets I think you can work round this. they are good motors really. Ive run mine on both my 24v and 50v drivers. I had to alter things to suit 8mm shafts, also changing wiring details but that was only problems I had, apart from receiving motors with different model numbers that is. Quite a few of us on here have had the same but got them running one way or another.

Thanks for the answer, driver is G540 so max voltage is 50 and max Amps 3,5.
    No doubt - I think they are usable. Bottom line - motors are different in amps, volts and size, invoice says other serial number with other datasheet, what If I wasn't looking at the datasheet and plugged 4.2 amps in those lower amperage motors I received ? I would burn them right ?

UPDATE !!!

Gary was fast on responding emails and willing to investigate, he said it is possible that the motors are labeled wrong and he will check facts on Monday.

I will report the outcome.

Florin

Issue resolved !!

As I said Gary was fast on responding and investigating, we exchanged a few emails and had a chat on the phone.

The issue was that due to high demand for these motors they have a new supplier for the motors, but they are just labeled wrong and have different colouring for the wires. Probably they will adjust the labeling and all things related to that, Gary assured me the motors I received have electrical specs according to the datasheet present on their website.

He was really helpfull and fast , in such a way that I feel bad about talking bad of him. (I should be)

From what I understand the datasheets for the motors starting with "FL60....." was for the old motors they sold before switching supplier, and the series ending in "...2008BF" was abandoned due to high inductance.

Gary supplied the new series to various OEM and there were no problems with it, so we just got new motors with some custom labeling.

Glad this was worked out. For any questions contact Gary. He was really nice.

Florin

Quote Originally Posted by isvflorin View Post
    Thanks for the answer, driver is G540 so max voltage is 50 and max Amps 3,5.
    No doubt - I think they are usable, but sincerely I'm sick of this kind of things, Why the hell can't ppl be honest ? Bottom line - motors are different in amps, volts and size, invoice says other serial number with other datasheet, what If I wasn't looking at the datasheet and plugged 4.2 amps in those lower amperage motors I received ? I would burn them right ?
    I know that feeling, I think your in luck with your set up though, in series no probs. parallel your in same boat I was, I just set current to 2amp and try from there. mine run on 50v parallel wired at 2A, run nicely warm with bags of torque. Lucky you have gecko, I say if its sold on gecko or kelinginc sites your safe, it does seem a lottery otherwise.

Got the G540 from www.geckodrive.com and the motors from Zapp.
    Marcus specified that if I run those motors in parallel at 3.5 amps I will get 83% torque out of the motors. That would mean around 2.5Nm.

The gecko was an unexpected purchase, way out of my budget, but after reading about the ebay drivers I decided I would like to keep my sanity and go with a well supported product. Plus I really loved their website, I'm a sucker for those little green critters.

Florin