584,830 active members*
5,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal/Glentek Servo Repair

Fadal/Glentek Servo Repair

My VH65 4th axis kept faulting out and blowing the fuse. I took it apart and found that some of the magnets were loose. This seems to be common with these servos (Glentek model GM4020F). I have read where some of you have epoxied them back in. I thought that I might give this a try before I may have to bend over and buy a new unit. Any words of wisdom or tips? Other than the proper polarity is the positon and orientation super critcal inside the housing? It appears, from the old glue, that the magnets are evenly spaced in four quadrants.

Quote Originally Posted by dynsys View Post
    My VH65 4th axis kept faulting out and blowing the fuse. I took it apart and found that some of the magnets were loose. This seems to be common with these servos (Glentek model GM4020F). I have read where some of you have epoxied them back in. I thought that I might give this a try before I may have to bend over and buy a new unit. Any words of wisdom or tips? Other than the proper polarity is the positon and orientation super critcal inside the housing? It appears, from the old glue, that the magnets are evenly spaced in four quadrants.
    Get a reman from fadalcnc.com