584,860 active members*
4,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    1010 is a custom PMC alarm (depends on MTB).
    Did you check if the memory card works on other machines with fanuc controls? Does it work on your PC? Try changing card adapter, but first check if the pins in PCMCIA socket on the control are not bent.

Only machine here....can download program to card just errors out on machine. had a couple gliches in the last few days where the machine just stopped. No alarm except at one point it showed the program but where it stopped was a mess of different characters with parts of the program in it.

tried everything above .BTW best buy doesn't have these any more....just usb

So you get the error only transferring programme to the control? I assume you've tried formatting.
    We don't have BestBuy here. Check at DealTime: Search, sort and save on great deals!
    cheers

I had EXACTLY this same problem today on. We have been using an old 64MEG CF card for years and years. Well today it disappeared somewhere so I ran down to the store and the cheapest card CF card they had was an 8GB Lexar card. Put it in and kept getting 1010 errors or Abnormal file system errors. Trying to reformat the card on the machine was no use. Problem solved by repartitioning to a single 2 GB partition, formatted FAT16 and set active. Machine now reads the card no problem.

I could find no way to repartition a CF card to less than full size under Windows XP so I downloaded Ubuntu and the live USB creator, booted Ubuntu off a USB card and used in the built in disk partitioning utility to partition the card.

Anyway, I can confirm an 8 GIG card, partitioned to 2 GIG, formatted FAT16 and set active DOES work.

And that's the way I deal with memory card problems on Fanuc controls. You can use any live-cd linux distro with for example g-parted programme to manage partitions.

I've read through this entire thread and have a problem that might be related to some of them mentioned in this thread. We have transfer rate problems when copying programs from the memory card to the controller (0i-MC). For a 120kB program, it took around an hour to transfer. We have a 4GB CF Card. We also have 2 x 256MB Fanuc CF cards. All the cards suffer from the slow transfer speeds. All three controllers suffer from the slow transfer speeds. Could it be a problem with formatting? Anyone have any other ideas?

I would guess that it is the adapter or Cf cards that you are using.

try and get an original 2GB SanDisk CF card. not one of the ultras or any of the cards with 'fast' transfer rates. I have seen countless issues with the newer CF cards.

CF Cards I know that work 100% are

Transend industrial 2GB 120x
    SanDisk 2.0 PN: SDCFB-2048-768
    Kingston 2GB PN: CF/2GB

I have not had so many issues with different CF card adapters but Fanuc do have a part so it is guaranteed to work A02B-0303-K150
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Solution Required

We have a DENFORD TRIAC Milling Machine with 21i Fanuc controller in our University.I was facing a problem regarding low program memory but i accidently cleared (reset) the "MEMORY". I do not have any kind of backup. What are the steps that should i take to restore the memory. Need urgent help.
    thanks
    regards
    junaid cheema

do you have a book with your parameters??

than you can set all parameters by hand, otherwhise call dealer for backup or look for a same type machine

Quote Originally Posted by junaid_cheema View Post
    We have a DENFORD TRIAC Milling Machine with 21i Fanuc controller in our University.I was facing a problem regarding low program memory but i accidently cleared (reset) the "MEMORY". I do not have any kind of backup. What are the steps that should i take to restore the memory. Need urgent help.
    thanks
    regards
    junaid cheema
    If you have the original documentation that came with the machine, you should have a listing of the original parameters; perhaps even a copy on a CD. Failing that, I'd be inclined to contact the distributor, or machine builder to get a copy of the original parameters. There are some parameters relating to the lead screws that are somewhat unique to the machine. The machine builder should be able to supply a copy of the original on the basis of the serial number of the machine.

Regards,

Bill

I have a .PRM file (parametric file) with me but its not possible to write all those 9000 parameters by hand. I came to know that we can use some sort of FLASH CARD to download the parameters on machine. There is a slot available on FANUC controller where that card can be connected. What sort of card is that? And how can i copy that file (.PRM file (parametric file)) into that card? Is Parametric file is all what i need to download on the machine or are there other files too? Is that card compatible with PC's? If yes, how can i connect the card with it?

I have a .PRM file (parametric file) with me but its not possible to write all those 9000 parameters by hand. I came to know that we can use some sort of FLASH CARD to download the parameters on machine. There is a slot available on FANUC controller where that card can be connected. What sort of card is that? And how can i copy that file (.PRM file (parametric file)) into that card? Is Parametric file is all what i need to download on the machine or are there other files too? Is that card compatible with PC's? If yes, how can i connect the card with it?
    The card is a PCMCIA card. It depends on what card Read/Write facility you have with you PC or Lap Top, but you can get a PCMCIA adapter to take SRAM and other types of cards. Accordingly, by using a combination of what you have available with your PC/Laptop, you will be able to get the file onto a card that then can be used with the PCMCIA slot on the control.

In the setting page of the control, you will have to change the I/O device to 4 to use the card.

If you have that .PRM file on you computer, or in some form that you can use it with your computer, and you're unable to organize the PCMCIA method of transferring the data, you will be able to transfer the data directly from the computer to the control via a RS232 interface.

If you can't get the PCMCIA card organized, Post back for what you will need for the RS232 transfer.

Regards,

Bill

We don't have PCMCIA card with us right now but we have to bring our machine back to its normal running condition, Is there any other way? Can we download the file by RS232 transfer? And secondly, is this (.PRM) file the only one which is needed to be download or are there others too?
    Thanks for guidance...

Regards
    Junaid Cheema

We don't have PCMCIA card with us right now but we have to bring our machine back to its normal running condition, Is there any other way? Can we download the file by RS232 transfer? And secondly, is this (.PRM) file the only one which is needed to be download or are there others too?
    Thanks for guidance...

Regards
    Junaid Cheema
    Yes, the parameters can be uploaded via RS232. You will have to manually set the parameters associated with RS232 comms as follows. Send me your email address via PM and I'll return you mine. Then email me the .PRM file that you have and I'll let you know if that is all you need.

Regards,

Bill

Parameter Num and setting
    bit 0 = 0
    bit 1 = 1

0020 = 0

bit 0 = 1
    bit 3 = 0
    bit 7 = 1

0102 = 0

0103 = 10 (4800 baud rate) set as a starting point.

Cable configuration

Machine End-------------------------------PC End
    Male DB25 connector-------Female DB25 connector-------Female DB9 Pin connector
    1--Shield ground
    2-----------------------------3----------------------------2
    3-----------------------------2----------------------------3

| bridged

|
    8 all bridged
    |

7-----------------------------7----------------------------5

The PC software must be set to correspond with the setting of the machine control. Ste as follows:

Baud rate = 4800 (as a starting point, but must be the same as the machine
    Data bits = 7
    Parity = Even
    Stop bits = 2
    Handshaking = Xon Xoff (Software)

Quote Originally Posted by Profligate View Post
    I ran down to the store and the cheapest card CF card they had was an 8GB Lexar card. Put it in and kept getting 1010 errors or Abnormal file system errors. Trying to reformat the card on the machine was no use. Problem solved by repartitioning to a single 2 GB partition, formatted FAT16 and set active. Machine now reads the card no problem.
    Many people have reported that high-capacity CF cards do not work. Has anybody successfully used over 2GB cards, with single partition?

More CF card problems. I try to download or upload programs from a new CF card. 64MB and get "memory card error 0007"
    So I try to format the card and It says that the card is protected.
    I use the boot screen format Item #7

I/O is set to 4 and Punch code is 1 and parameter write is 1

Control is 21iMA

Any Ideas?

Take alook on the end of the flash card -there is a toggle switch to protect data -move it to the other side

If you have the paramters on the card in tex form
    press 2 right buttons on control at power up -soft keys to right of screen
    Select load from card and away you go
    Just power off the machine afterwards and back on and it will fully reboot

If you ever back up the machine do an sram backup from this screen and it saves everything related to the cnc control at present and a grand father copy for future problems

Thanks.
    Well you must be talking about a SRAM PCMCIA card.
    I was sure that we used CF cards when we originally programmed this machine. There was even one sitting on top of the machine in a plastic bag for a long time
    I even have an old 4 meg CF card and it says the same thing. Wont format or transfer data. When I reboot using the 2 right keys it does have a menu that mentions SRAM. Perhaps I need to get a SRAM card..

One of these.

PCMCIA SRAM PC Card (SRAM Memory Card)

Jimmy there is one card that is the genuine Fanuc sram that cost around $300
    dollars available from Fanuc ----be ware that if it is just a sram future shop or cheap $20 dollar card they can be used and you can get away with them until the day they cause spindle alarms and the spindle drive is blown

What ever the card is do the 2 right key things and format it for your control before loading with parameters from your labtop and uploading to the machine

Also be aware that these cards are becoming rare and if possible get as small a memory one as possible they cause less conflicks with the control and running programs from the card through M198 call not M98 the control only supports 250mb memory

On the new 31i fanuc you cannot format the card on the control you have to do it to Fat format on you computer and the usb sticks the controls freeze when using greater than 1G sticks

Last resort is rs232 port in e-stop condition using easytalk cnc software for upload and maybe you will have to load the 9000 by hand which is the options for the machine and usually found in the electrical panel or machine builder and the few parameters in the 100's that concern uploading

Thanks.
    My machine works fine and I have the paramaters for it on a few different forms of media. Ive heard horror stories but never happened to me.
    I just want to load some new part programs. Been running the same few programs on it since it was new.

I am hoping to get the card to work. It makes it a lot eaisier.

If not Ill go the RS232 route.

Page 2 of 3 123