585,885 active members*
6,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Analog Input for Devicenet Hitachi SJ100DN2

Analog Input for Devicenet Hitachi SJ100DN2

Awhile ago, I happened upon this VFD for a reasonable price and have been using it to power a 1/2 hp 3phase motor on my SB 10K lathe. I know with the analog input (momentary switch) I'm able to configure an emergency stop on the input connectors. Does anyone know of a way to send a run or fwd / rev command via analog inputs? The idea is to hide the VFD in the cabinet and just have the analog inputs upfront for basic controls (not worried about frequency or speed control).

Any input would be greatfully appreciated as I haven't found much on this subject anywhere!

Cheers,
    Ted

I am not sure what you mean by analogue input, this term is usually used for the variable speed control.
    The 'digital' inputs are what are used for the Run Fwd etc.
    I have not looked at a Hitachi manual for a while, but the method of setting up remote push buttons and switches is all in the manual.
    Or was this to set up a Modbus link?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

What I am trying to accomplish is the ability to start/stop (hopefully change direction) of the motor via momentary switches via the P24, 1, 2, 3, & 4 terminals on the face of the VFD. I know I can send a stop command via it, but is there a way to start, rev/fwd control it as well? The VFD is a devicenet setup, but I don't use that currently (nor expect to).

Hope this helps with the current setup, apologies as I'm still quite new at this.

Cheers,
    Ted.

If you study the manual, especially ch3 and ch4, ch4 gives the hard wiring you need to discrete push button or switches, you have 19 options on setting up the six inputs.
    You can also configure either a pot to adjust speed, or set up a switch with a binary pattern for multi pre-selected speeds.
    If you do not have it already set up in keypad control, I suggest you do that and get faimiliar with changing the parameters etc, if you make a mistake that is confusing, you can set the VFD back to factory default and start over.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.