585,930 active members*
4,113 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Looking at a MAXNC 10 CL???? Please help
Page 2 of 2 12
    Thanks yes gcode but sending gcode to the stock machine would be an issue with no orig software

QUOTE=datac;2348790]Wow... $200 for a small working CNC mill ? I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As I recall they were G-Code machines, so just about any CAM program will work with them, and if a control change is necessary (probably required), tons of retrofit options are out there these days from free to really inexpensive as well as expensive (GRBL, LinuxCNC, UCCNC, ACORN, EDINGCNC, FLASHCUT, Etc.).

Perhaps some would not be interested because they are already surrounded by larger, perfectly capable machines. Perhaps some live in an area where these type of things turn up a lot. At my age, I am looking ahead to the time when I will no longer be able to (or want to) make the trip into the cold shop and would rather get 'small' and work on a small table in the corner of a warm room.[/QUOTE]

He is including the old pc with software on it but no software disk so thats my concern because future installs eould not b an option
    I may just buy it anyways...200 seems like little risk.

UOTE=Shelby5041;2348808]Thanks yes gcode but sending gcode to the stock machine would be an issue with no orig software

QUOTE=datac;2348790]Wow... $200 for a small working CNC mill ? I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As I recall they were G-Code machines, so just about any CAM program will work with them, and if a control change is necessary (probably required), tons of retrofit options are out there these days from free to really inexpensive as well as expensive (GRBL, LinuxCNC, UCCNC, ACORN, EDINGCNC, FLASHCUT, Etc.).

Perhaps some would not be interested because they are already surrounded by larger, perfectly capable machines. Perhaps some live in an area where these type of things turn up a lot. At my age, I am looking ahead to the time when I will no longer be able to (or want to) make the trip into the cold shop and would rather get 'small' and work on a small table in the corner of a warm room.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Well i bought it...he sold it to me for 180$..
    Cool little machine...smaller than i expected and is in good condition

Perhaps some would not be interested because they are already surrounded by larger, perfectly capable machines. Perhaps some live in an area where these type of things turn up a lot. At my age, I am looking ahead to the time when I will no longer be able to (or want to) make the trip into the cold shop and would rather get 'small' and work on a small table in the corner of a warm room.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 12