584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

mazatrol m32 FLD Error

Good Day ,
    I hope I am at the right forum , I bought a Mazak AJV18 Mill , instead of it going to the scrap dealer . No books ....
    When I start the Machine ,the screen reads Maz...M42 , bottom of screen in the middle 'FLD ERROR' anyone know what this means & how to fix the problem.
    The Machine has been disconnected since about july 2007 , battery could be flat & lost program ?
    More questions when this is fixed .
    any help and suggestions welcome.
    there is a plate that reads made in Japan 1990.

regards

Bruce
    South Africa

when the machine is booting up ot looks for the system floppy disk in the control, if the disk is bad or not in the drive you get a fld loading error.
    check to see if system disk is in drive, if it is check to see if disk is damaged. you should see the floppy disk drive light flash a couple of times on power up.

FLD Error

Kevin75 ,
    Thanks , I will look tomorrow , & ask the company that I got the machine from, if they have the disk.

I have checked & the 'led' does not light , but the machine used to start like a pc ,boot up when started , this I was told by a person who worked at the factory where the machine came from , I was told to try not to let the battery go flat, for the memory ,which one is the memory battery? There are about three different batteries in the machine.
    When I start the machine after standing overnight I get a blank screen , if I restart the machine , I get the 'FLD ERROR' , on the Maz..M32 screen .
    The Mitsubishi AC Spindle Control , model FR-SF ,
    led8, has I- missing right leg to form H .
    There are 3 cards all read 'A6'
    All I want at this stage is to see if the motors run .
    Do I need to set the control panel switch to program, to override the auto position for manual control ? or what do i do for manual control?

Any more info needed to get this machine going ??

Regards

Bruce

Bruce, It sounds like your machine has a faulty disk drive unit. Even if the batteries are dead it should load system disk at start-up. Possibly replacing the batteries will help. The most important ones are the ones one the control boards. There are one or two of them there depending on the series control you have. Also there is a motorcycle size battery on the botton of electric panel or mounted on door. I would recommend replacing ALL of the batteries myself. Then try start-up again. If your system disk loads properly then you will have to load the parameter/macro disk also. If you do not have this disk you will neeed to type in your parameters in manually from your hard copy located in a slot in the right side door. If you can`t find either of these then you are going to have to get a copy from Mazak. But good luck on that. Hope this helps. I am a service engineer for Mazak in the USA. If I can help you further you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Bigbobomb ,
    thanks for that,I will need to source a disk drive & the disks .
    I need to get a hard copy as well .
    thanks for your Help
    I will contact you & thanks for your offer to help .

Bruce

Battery

For your info, if the motorcycle battery is seen to drop below 6.3V, I know it is a 6V battery, but that is the set point, the system will always attempt to boot off of the disk, as it assumes the stored system info is corrupt.
    If you have another machine , after first checking this machines disk for scratches, try it in there with the emergency stop pressed, and see if your disk is ok. If the version number is the same, don't worry about the emergency stop.
    If the disk is faulty, you will usually get the floppy drive light on for a long time, with no obvious "pauses" of the light, as data is transferred.
    Make sure it is the system disk in the drive, and not the parameter/option disk, or possibly a back up disk

Gem, Bigbobomb I have a 6V lantern battery that I am going to try tomorrow (saturday) what do I look for to tell me the machine has started/booted , remember no disks, will it start without them? before I spend a lot of money ,I want to see if the motors turn & the X,Y & Z axis move .

Bruce

Battery

If it is already looking for the floppy, you are stuck until you do get one. I would not put anything but a rechargeable in place of the proper battery. It is a 6v 20aH if I remember rightly, but we no longer bother about them as boot time from the floppy does not bother us.
    Without a boot up you will not get anything working
    gem

Gem , the battery is a rechargeable as per your mail , the machine does not look for the disk , I am going to charge the battery overnight & put it in on Monday , I have tested the battery & reads 6.5V on an analog meter.

bruce

After you install the battery and turn on control. There should be a green bar at the bottom of your screendecreasing from right to left. If this does not appear then you obviously have a problem with your floppy disk drive. You will have to repair or replace it to go any further. I do not think there is any way of running the motors and drives without the system disk installed and the parameters in the machine. I am sure somehow it could be done but you would invest more money in doing that then just fixing your disk drive. Which you will have to do anyways if you plan to keep machine.

System and parameter disks

I agree with the previous statements, it wouldn't hurt to get a new software package from Mitsubishi. I would strongly recommend the replacement of the floppy disk drive prior to installation of new disks. In the past end users have damaged new disks with a bad drive.

Talking

Found a set of disks , should have next week .

like it was said in previous reply you run the chance of trashing your set of disks if the drive is what is destroying your disk. if your drive is not trying boot up on powerup (red led flashing a coule times) and you are not getting the inital loading screen on powerup. i would lean onj changing out the drive before installing disks, you should be able to turn ballscrews by hand to get a feel of how the slides are...

your parameters are all the info for the brain of the machine with out it its a big piece of metal and a bunch of wiring..

Question

put new disk drive in ,light on drive not lighting when push the green button next to the screen , leds on interface board lighting ,checked battery charging rate, 7volts , still get ' FLD ERROR ' , where else can I look .

Bruce

I am confused, in one post you say you have found a set of disks, in another you say you have put in a new drive. Where exactly are we?

gem

I found a set of disks , bigbobomb relayed I might have a faulty drive (around 10-11-13 march) checked it out first & he was right , dirt jammed the drive , installed a new drive.
    now ,new drive(replaced the drive with a Teac unit,not from mitsubishi though ,on the card) & a set of disks , I put a disk drive cleaner in to check if the drive light came on , before I trashed the system disk , no drive light .

Point to note, the drive is a mode 3, japanese format, spins at either 300 or 360 rpm, the opposite speed to what ours run at. This is why you cannot copy the disks on a normal PC. If you have put a normal locally supplied drive in, it will not work. Try and get hold of a quality drive with all the jumpers on it to enable you to set the mode and spin speed.
    gem

will check the disk drive tomorrow.

Bruce

Question

I have a new disk drive (sony ) which works , the cable has a key which can only be connected to the disk drive one way .
    When I put the disk in the drive , how much time is taken before I see some information on the screen ,& will the disk start to load automatically ,or do I have to push a button?

Bruce

Page 1 of 2 12