585,582 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > NEED HELP with Fanuc OT on Daewoo Puma 6 lathe

NEED HELP with Fanuc OT on Daewoo Puma 6 lathe

I have just brought home a Daewoo Puma 6 lathe. It has the Fanuc OT control. It was running parts at a local shop when I bought it.

This machine was nasty, so I took off the door and front cabinet, and steam cleaned it. Then when I turned it on in the shop for the first time it seemed to work fine. I ran the spindle, changed gears, changed tools, ran tailstock in and out. ect. Then I shut off the power and went to eat dinner. Later that evening I came back out to play with it and now the spindle drive will not light up. The other boards do, just not the spindle drive LEDs. when I attempt to power the front operators panel it gives an 04 code on the operators panel alarm readout. There are 3 small automotive type glass fuses on the board underneath this top spindle drive board and they check out OK on the volt meter.

The Spindle Drive board is # A06B-6059-H212

Any Ideas ???????

Thanks

I would suggest that you call Fanuc and ask them. I find they are usually very helpful in tracking down the problem.
    The number to call is 888-326-8287.
    Good luck

Near the top left of the board is a 1Amp clear fuse F3 check it has not blown.

Exclamation fanuc controllers

HELLO,
    FANUC DIOGNOSTICS ARE NOT TO BAD, LOOK FOR THE VREADY LINE FIRST

try using a hair dryer on it

Still messed up

I checked the fuses on the upper left of the board as well as the row of them on the right, all are good. I even tried the hair dryer. still no luck.

Any other thoughts ????????

Anyone have printout of voltages and where to check them on the spindle drive board ??

If F3 is good check FET Q8 and C47 in SWPS circuit.

You did check for the incoming power at R,S,T on the bottom of the spindle drive.
    Should be 220vac.

Still no luck

I have checked the incomming voltage. It is a little high at 238 volts, but this is normal for where we live. I have several other machines all running here. I suspect it is a small problem and have cleaned the connections well and still no luck.

If you are not getting any Display in 7 segment, Remove the Encoder cable ( 20 pin ) CN2 and check, Next check the Top board plugged in properly to the Base unit.
    Still problem is not solved we have to service the Spindle drive.

disconnect the motor, encoder and other cables, just in case the board is being pulled down. with only the supply voltage on rst, the drive leds should come on, if they do reconnect the cables one by one untill you know which output is a problem. report back what you find for further advice.

Do not reconnect any cables when it is powered up, as this can cause something to burn!!!!