585,582 active members*
3,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Sherline/Maxnc or other desktop mill demo videos?

Sherline/Maxnc or other desktop mill demo videos?

I'm looking for demo videos of desktop cnc mill milling complex parts that has smooth curves specifically Sherline or Maxnc CNC. I'm going into the emblems making business and would like to know the capability of those small cnc mills.

Thanks!

Don't know of any factory Demo videos, but if you look on YouTube, there are roughly 3.2 metric assloads of homemade hobbyist videos using Sherlines and Taigs and other similar mills.

Oh, just a note, might want to research MaxNC a bit before considering them as an option. This question gets covered a lot. Just search the threads on here or elsewhere and save a lot of heartache.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52156 is the most recent I think, but certainly not the only one.

how long does it take a taig cnc mill to cut 5 inch of 0.185 thick 6061 aluminum plate?

That would depend on a lot of things, the first being 5 of what kind of inches? 5 linear inches? 5 square inches?

What size and type of cutter would be my next question, which would be dependent on what sort of thing you're trying to make.

I would recommend NOT going the maxnc route. They have to many limitations and well. I have spent YEARS redoing mine to actually get it to cut WAX like i want. imagine what cutting harder materials would do to the machine.

High maintance, Low quality............ I have a few you tube videos of my machine in action. But I would recommend a Taig. Solid product. Has some limitations but the support is good and there is a large following of people that have modded the machine to make it the best it can be.

Anyone has links 2d / 3d art work done on a desktop cnc? I'd like to see the quality of the work.

I couldn't find a lot of pics of the work, only the machines.

depends on what your looking for really.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kitty face.JPG   resize 2.JPG   survivor bead resize.JPG   palm 2.jpg  

kids wax 2.JPG   lori portratie resize.JPG