585,589 active members*
3,691 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Epilog Fire Torch Mag file

Anyone using the chinese systems get this file to work. Its the fade thats casing the problem mostly. When I import the file flash_light.cdr I get a TON on mini lines all over the place. I cannot reall see how it is possible to get the fade to work the way it is supposed to work within the limits of Lasercut50. Fades in general seem not possibe short of photo work. Converting the file to bmp leaves small white dots and a box shape under both flames.
    Wklaser LG900 60W +rotary, Vinyl cutter and other stuff

Hi Micheal,

I think we are screwed trying to do anything other than a 1 bit B&W bitmap. We need a new version of Lasercut that will do 8 bit grayscale. I sure hope they are working on that.

Regards,
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Donnellan View Post
    Anyone using the chinese systems get this file to work. Its the fade thats casing the problem mostly. When I import the file flash_light.cdr I get a TON on mini lines all over the place. I cannot reall see how it is possible to get the fade to work the way it is supposed to work within the limits of Lasercut50. Fades in general seem not possibe short of photo work. Converting the file to bmp leaves small white dots and a box shape under both flames.
    Michael:
    A file with a cdr extension is a Corel Draw file. Epilog machines use a print driver and the common software used for the Epilog machines is Corel Draw. Corel Draw files in their native form can only be opened by Corel.
    I own an Epilog EXT 36 and Corel.
    I haven't posted in this forum before. I do participate in a couple of other engraving forums and I just thought I would look at what was happening here. Hope this helps.
    Larry in South Carolina

we need a lasercut that wont save on exit when you click no as well.
    Vista (:argue compatablity would help too.

Hey Micheal, I downloaded those mag light graphics and in Corel I converted them into 1 bit bitmaps and they don't look too bad. It removed the gray parts and just left the black flames and skull, etc. These should engrave okay.

If the lengths aren't correct, I think you'll have to resize the .cdr files before you convert them into bitmaps in Corel.

Skip
    Attached Files Attached Files

Used me own file at 300dpi and I still manage to spots dots from the bmp. A strange distortion is annoying me now. its after the H the E grets twisted and shrunk.

I import file in set worktable to 0.0036796875 with Pulse Unit calibration to 23.550000
    Think this is right and its someplace else the problem is being caused by.

Diameter of torch is 15mm so 15x3.14 = 47.1 divided by 2 = 23.55, I put this in Pulse unit calibration. I think this is correct so far for the Rotary.

Original file was too big so I scaled to 55% before exporting at 300dpi then engraved file. I put batteries inside as torch body was so light it was slipping on the rollers. Could lack of grip or rotary related problems be a cause of such disortion?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010074_sm.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Donnellan View Post
    Diameter of torch is 15mm so 15x3.14 = 47.1 divided by 2 = 23.55, I put this in Pulse unit calibration. I think this is correct so far for the Rotary.
    If the diameter is 15mm, the image height is 47.1mm. I think you were dividing by 2 to get the radius, but the equation for circumference is 2*pi*r... essentially 2*7.5*pi = 47.1. I think you're seeing a squashed image because you've cut the height in half.
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

PIE*D/2

uased the formola in the manual but its MOVE= 3.14*D in the image lower down so I am getting confused as to right one for the machine.

I do not know how your machine is set up, but it's a real-world constant that c = 2*pi*r = pi*d

Unless they made a mistake in programming the equation into the software, your image height should be 47.1mm.

something really wrong here, this should not really be happening.

A test
    Cardboard tube with some vector text on it. Note the squiggles on it Esp. the "a". No real Idea as to what would cause this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2130069_sm.jpg  

Congratulations... you've created a new font

It could be a number of things... bad control board, poor comm signal, memory going bad. Try the same file multiple times and see if the errors change place, for starters.

I had once that problem , not so hard but similar, check the lens holder it has to be well fit in the ball carrier, tigth it. Inside the tube check if the lense is moving, when the motor stops and travel in the reverse mode or twist a corner if things are loosen then jump and make that pattern.

Problem appears to be mechanical. The Chuck rotary does files perfect so not software. The belt on the roller Rotary (chinese) is slack. The original tension it had was from it being on the rim of the brass drive gear/pulley. I am going to make some sort of tensioner to get it to tight it up a bit. The design of the Roller rotary is bad might be a copy of epilog’s but its construction is terrible. After adding a tensioning pulley to take up the slack. I will try to then straighten the support rollers as things move off at angle when spinning as well. Epilog appears to have a clamp at bacl this has nothing other than friction holding it in place. The slot is the scissors jack contraption runs in, looks like it was cut too wide and a piece of metal was just screwed next to it to stop it moving too much.

Micheal,

It's brand new and under warranty. If it were me, I'd send those pictures to Jack, explain the problem and ask him for one that isn't defective.