585,591 active members*
2,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Cycle Start output on Fanuc 15-MA

Cycle Start output on Fanuc 15-MA

Hi, I would like to detected with an electronic module when the NC is running. In a lot of Fanuc based machines there is a "Cycle Start" button with a lamp that is on when the NC is running.

Unfortunately on this machine this lamp is not present. I would like to know if the Fanuc 15-MA controller always provide a "Cycle Start" lamp output or this is specific to the machine builder choice.

Is there another way to detect the NC is running?

Thank you for your help!

I found a Fanuc 15 manual and it talks about the status outputs:
    - 29.6 Automatic operation start lamp signal: "This signal is sent out when automatic operation is being activated."

So it seems this signal should present by default on the controller. So anybody as an idea where I can found this signal?

The machine I'm working on is a Moore G4139.

This is a signal internal to the controller that can be used by the PMC. If you're wanting to put a cycle light on the machine you would have to edit the ladder using this signal and tie it into a physical output to power the light.

Hi codyst. Thank you for the fast answer. I'm a newbie on Fanuc, could you please explain a little bit further about the ladder editing? I tried to search in the forum but I didn't found something useful (or at least I think)

By the way on a maintenance manual there is a reference about a STL signal (cycle start lamp signal) on the control unit PCB (A20B-1003-2040. There is a jumper to set common or 24V output for STL, SPL, ecc... signal.

So my question: are we sure there isn't already a signal on the main controller unit for the cycle start?

I'm going in the wrong direction? Please help...