585,727 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Sharp CNC > Sharp CNC V 2412 Question
Page 1 of 2 12

Sharp CNC V 2412 Question

Hello Im working Sharp CNC V 2412 Question machine. Does anyone know of a instruction manual, Operators manual that is on the internet. Im looking for one or pictures of the buttons for the machines. Please let me know thanks

I have a 2412 are you looking for the fanuc yellow manuals or the machine manual from the manufacturer.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timlkallam View Post
    I have a 2412 are you looking for the fanuc yellow manuals or the machine manual from the manufacturer.
    Hey thanks for the reply Im looking for both I guess Im looking for the operators manual and things tells you what to do shows like buttons to push step by step. Let me know man thanks soon

You can buy the yellow Fanuc manuals from sharp I belive there $180 a set . But even for a person that has been cnc machining for many years they are VERY difficut to understand . If youre just starting cnc I would recomend the cnc programing handbook by Peter Smid most tec. schools use his book to teach by .It explains things in a way thats much easyer to understand. Buy the book and use this form to ask questions were always happy to help
    Tim

Click preview book scrol down. It shows alot of the book
    http://books.google.com/books?id=JNn...nt0mb7TLEBnOE0

Here is a link to some of writings.
    http://www.machinerynet.com/index.cf...rs=0&artid=161
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timlkallam View Post
    You can buy the yellow Fanuc manuals from sharp I belive there $180 a set . But even for a person that has been cnc machining for many years they are VERY difficut to understand . If youre just starting cnc I would recomend the cnc programing handbook by Peter Smid most tec. schools use his book to teach by .It explains things in a way thats much easyer to understand. Buy the book and use this form to ask questions were always happy to help
    Tim

Click preview book scrol down. It shows alot of the book
    http://books.google.com/books?id=JNn...nt0mb7TLEBnOE0

Here is a link to some of writings.
    http://www.machinerynet.com/index.cf...rs=0&artid=161
    Hey I m looking for manuals that are available on the internet. Or even Pictures of each button I would like to have.

Did the owner not get the manuals???????????
    Fanuc does not put manuals on the internet. If they did, they couldn't charge you for them.
    Call your dealer or have the owner call Sharp in LA and order them.
    On the other hand....it's just a Fanuc. What is it about the control that you don't understand?
    Try being a little more specific.....
    You'll get more help.

Crickets....

I have a pdf of the oi mate manual if you want I could email it to you, I would post it but not sure how to do that.

The guy has been gone since Feb....

Thanks for your help! I just got a new job, (new job jitters?) I haven't worked in about 10 years so i need a little help getting back in the groove of things, I need help getting started and don't want to look like a fool on the first day! I am a female!

Quote Originally Posted by krfrea View Post
    I have a pdf of the oi mate manual if you want I could email it to you, I would post it but not sure how to do that.

I am looking for the Fanuc Manuals to program my Machine. They are missing I have Over travel alarms and cant move it. It's a 2005 bought at an auction. We have it powered up but can not move or program with out the Fanuc Manuals. I have the Sharp manuals but not the controller the yellow ones. How can I find these manuals.
    Can anyone please help us kindly?

Shut down the control. Hold the P and CAN keys while it powers back up. Once you get the operation screen you should be able to Zero Return it.

Ok I will try when I go to the shop the P and CAN key are located on the controller.
    I am just starting out with the this CNC feels like a big door stop right now. I need Manuals BIG TIME. The company that owned it before us went Bankrupt and the manuals where stored in the offices and did not get shipped with the machine. God only knows where they are now. I have e-mailed sharp 2 times with no reply can any one help me with a pdf version can e-mail it to us I will PM my e-mail address to anyone that can help us.

Ok that cleared the alarms Thank you. How do I home? I need Manuals pdf come on some one help us out. I just want to read the manual. I don't want to let this thing sit here. Plus I don't want to bug every one with Newbie Crap.

I need to know how to communicate with the thing as well. The PCMCIA card is missing and I have nothing just this machine We went over it cleaned it check everything out top to bottom, We need to level it and get motoring on this project.

Are you gonna use any kind of cad-cam system to write programs for your Sharp mill? I use Mastercam to program the 2412 that I run and it really speeds things up.

Writing g-code to make parts with the 2412 is kinda slow.

haven't thought of it yet power mill or master cam any other good software out there? Dose any one have a copy to share?

Quote Originally Posted by kartworks View Post
    I need to know how to communicate with the thing as well. The PCMCIA card is missing and I have nothing just this machine We went over it cleaned it check everything out top to bottom, We need to level it and get motoring on this project.
    Communication is either done through the PCMCIA slot or RS232 port. Some Fanuc's have an Ethernet option.

You can to Staples or Best Buy and get a PCMCIA Compact Flash (C/F) adapter and a C/F memory card. Get the smallest capacity they have. You will need a Compact Flash - USB adapter for your PC unless it has a C/F slot.

If your PC has a serial port (DB9 connector labeled IOIOI) you can make (if you're good with soldering/crimping connectors) or buy a cable (Predator Software has pre-configured, tested and guaranteed cables for $1.50/foot). You can then use a communications program to send/receive programs. Windows comes with Hyperterminal, which I find archaic and cumbersome. There are some free programs out there, such as NC Net Lite (www.cadem.com/dnc/freednc.htm) that work just fine.

If your PC doesn't have a serial port and it has an empty slot, you can add a serial card.

If you're using a laptop without a serial port, you can get a PCMCIA Serial Card (Quatech, SIIG, etc.) or a USB to Serial Adapter (I personally haven't had great success with USB to Serial Adapters, but I know there are those who have).

As for "sharing" MasterCAM or PowerMill, good luck. These are usually protected by an activation code or a hardware lock. You may have to actually buy something.

Witch software is the best for price and that is easy to use? I will buy it.

The pcmci card sounds the best I just dump the program on the SD slide it into the PCMCIA card and pop it into the controller.

I have cleared the errors and the machine will not jog anyone know how to get this thing to move? We need to level it. We are waiting for the manuals we got the part numbers and ordered from Fanuc.
    Like to get it moving asap to level. Got some parts to make that are in IGS files right now.

What software should I order is there only mastercam and power mill out there to use what is the best versions with out bugs?

I use Esprit and SmartCAM. AFAIK, they run around $3,500-$5,000 for 2-1/2 axis milling. MasterCAM and EdgeCAM should be right in the same ballpark. I know guys who've used OneCNC. I think BobCAD/CAM is much less, but I've heard less than glowing reviews of their support. You should get them to do demos of your parts and make sure they have a post for your machine.

As for the PCMCIA card, only Compact Flash memory will work. SD will not.

After you power up, can you move the machine with the handwheel? Do you get alarms? Normally, you go to Zero Return mode, and if the machine is close to the travel limits, you jog each axis away from the stops. If you hold the Z- jog button, Z should move down a couple of inches then reverse direction and stop when it gets to "home".

Be sure [EMG] isn't flashing at the bottom of the screen.

After I power up holding the P and the CAN key the over travel alarms go away there is no EMG on the controller. I can not move the machine it is in shipping position really close to home position. I can't move it with the job buttons or the hand wheel.

any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12