585,973 active members*
3,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > ONECNCXR2 MILLING SOFTWARE PACKAGE
Page 1 of 2 12

ONECNCXR2 MILLING SOFTWARE PACKAGE

If anyone has a used copy of the onecncxr2 milling software package that they would like to sell please send me an e-mail [email protected]

Thanks,

John

ONECNCXR2 Software

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who read this post.

Special thanks is given to Fred. I was able to get a copy of the Milling Advantage software transferred to me which included the USB Dongle, documentation and at a Super Price.

Fred, you are the best. I am sure that I will enjoy the software and use it with my new HAAS TM-1P Tool Room Mill. The mill is supposed to be delivered on New Years Eve. Santa's sleigh must have got held up in a snow storm.

John

John,
    Have you signed up on the OneCNC site user forum ?

Tons of information, videos, help etc.

Ken

Forum

Hi Ken,

First, thanks for the tip.

Yes, the friendly lady in customer support sent me the necessary user I.D. and password.

I have done a little browsing and find it a goldmine of information. I talked to Vern and he could not say enough good about the way you guys have helped him in answering his questions. That was one of the determining factors about my selection of the software. A good forum with helpful people can make all the difference in the world.

I am somewhat of a newbie to CNC. With a brand new machine and new software I am doing a lot of reading and will have some questions as time goes on. At the age of 61 things don't come as easy as they once did. I am retired and this is just one of my hobbies. Cars, R/C Airplanes/Helicopters are my other passions.

Thanks in advance for any help you or others can afford a newbie trying to have a little fun in the CNC world.

John

HJ,

How do you like the OneCNC program?

ONECNCXR2 Mill Advantage

Hi Luke,

I have the ONECNCXR2 Mill Advantage package. They have recently released a new version XR3 which has quite a few enhancements.

So far it has done everything I want. I have a HAAS TM-1P and the ONECNC software and associated posts work fine with my machine.

The documentation received with the program is very poor, but they have a GREAT users forum with people that are able and willing to answer you questions in a prompt manner. The forum is only available to registered users of the ONECNC software package.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

John

Thanks.

I did not see anything on there website about XR3? Anybody know for sure? Todd

Yes XR3 is real

They've come along lately with the proper help files updated now for XR3 so I'd expect more news about public release shortly. Up til now, current users have been upgrading to XR3 and learning how to use the new stuff on their own or on the OneCNC forum.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sure wish I could find a copy cheap, they always to rich for my blood.
    Donald

Hi,
    I am looking real hard at OneCNC for a CAM package. We have been looking for a while at different 3D packages but most are out of reach for us ($$). Recently SolidCam transcended from SolidWorks and created a package called InventorCam. Since we use Inventor as a Solid Modeling CAD system it seems pretty nice to have an integrated CAM package with the CAD . But once again the 2.5 Axis is about $2K more expensive than the 3D OneCNC package.
    Does anyone have any experience with packages like FeatureCam or SolidCam and also has experience with OneCNC. One negative for me is that OneCNC does not import the native CAD files. It has to be an Iges or Step or DXF if I understand correctly. I would be curious if anyone has any issues with this.
    I appreciate any advice that anyone can offer.
    Larry

Featurecam 3d is 11grand. Back when i used XR2 i imported both iges and step and they were aways perfect. Todd

Thanks Todd. I was very impressed with the FeatureCam demo, but it's scary jumping into a package that expensive off the bat, especially when things are changing so rapidly in that field. I thought the Feature Recognition was great though. I did download the InventorCam demo and it is a sweet deal to have the CAM data linked to the CAD data. Again the 3D version is much more expensive than OneCNC. Do you have any experience with XR3? I understand there has been major inprovements with feature recognition in the latest version.
    Larry

Larry,
    OneCNC does import .Sldprt files.

Ken

Larry,
    OneCNC is not really a feature based CAM. Sure, it will pick up on holes for hole making operations, but even then, you must tell it what you want to do. It does have facility to save often used hole making operations so that you can call them up quickly for reuse. But OneCNC will not offer a ready made hole making operation on its own.

The other machining operations OneCNC offers are not feature recognition based either. You would at least have to pick a tool, set up some parameters for the cut and then, either allow it to cut a cad model (surface model) or pick a profile or a pocket for it to cut in or around. Having done all that, you can save all those cutting parameters now (in XR3) and immediately apply them to new geometry or a new model, or change the location of a boundary to cut in a new area.

But it is all fairly interactive in the sense that you tell it what to do before it does create the toolpaths.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the information. I am always impressed by your posts HuFlungDung, and your knowledge of the product.
    At this point I am just trying to make a decision on software capabilities and sifting out flycrap from pepper. I have looked at Mastercam, FeatureCam, SolidCam, SurfCam, to name a few and they all say they have the best package for a shop like us. It took a while but we FINALLY got the BobCad guy to stop calling. I have trouble spending the $$ for the software if it isn't going to benefit us though. I would weigh my decision heavily on the recommendation of someone actually using OneCNC do perform part programming on a daily basis. We do a lot of onesy twosy parts. All of them generated using Inventor CAD and would like to generate the part program based on the part model with minimal time consumption .
    I was told today that XR3 had increased their capability regarding feature recognition. I thought this would be a real time saver with programming.
    Thanks again for your advice.
    Larry

Perhaps what you heard as feature recognition in OneCNC was actually the automatic rest machining. This has been implemented in XR3, so that you can cut a part with whatever rougher you like, then quickly go back in and create a rest machining operation that links to a given roughing operation. I've barely even used that aspect of XR3 yet, I've not been presented with challenging enough work lately, dammit.

Thanks for your input on OneCNC. I guess to really get a first hand look at the XR3 we will need to do the interactive demo with OneCNC. Thanks Ken for the feedback on the .sldprt files. maybe it's just a matter of time until OneCNC will do .ipt as well.
    The InventorCAM offers both the Rest feature as well as Auto Feature Recognition and Profiling, but the demo doesn't give much info on implementation. As much as I was not wanting to do it, we are probably going to have to invest more time with sales people to look at each one a little closer.
    Larry

I see your question on sldprt files was answered......but to close an earlier question, I can verify the IGES and STP imports work very well.

My company has a contract with PTC (Pro-Engineer) for CAD and CAM, but we weren't really happy with the CAM side of Pro-E. So we opted for OneCNC to do our CAM programming.....and I think I am already adding years to my life. We do all our complex 3d modelling in Pro-E and import STP files all the time into OneCNC (still on XR2). It works great for us. We also import a lot of IGES as well from other companies, but internally we use STP, I think it is more accurate.

Actually - I'd be interested in a used XR2 dongle for my personal use if anyone else is selling due to an upgrade.

See ya
    Scott
    http://www.scpconcepts.com

Thanks for the feedback Scott. I haven't heard much at all out of Pro-E 's CAM side, so it must be a pain. A lot of Engineers still prefer Pro-E CAD though.
    It sounds like OneCNC is doing the job for you, which is good to hear.
    I would love to hear from someone familiar with SolidCam and OneCNC, just to get pro's and con's of each.
    Larry

Page 1 of 2 12