585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > OneCNC XR2 Demo

OneCNC XR2 Demo

I downloaded the Demo last night and opened my step file developed from SW.

the model came up and everything was ok. I moved the part to what I wanted to be part 0. I clicked on the tool path icon and chose "face" it then prompts me to select an end point or edge, however when running the cursor over the wanted areas nothing highlights.

I then found out how to convert the edge over, if i only convert one edge nothing will come from the tool path promt. However if i chain the edges, the face tool path will follow the outer edge and not face the material like i want it. Its the same thing for pocketing. Is this typical for the demo unit?

by the way, the hole recognition works great! better than mastercam.

-steve

You need to extract an edge (actually several seperate extractions) all around the area to create what amounts to a continuous boundary for the facing or pocketing operation. Then it should work.

SMT operations (Z-level and planar) do not require extracted geometry to do their thing, although sometimes you will want a 2d wire frame to create a boundary.

BTW, XR3 has some even cooler features than XR2.....I don't imagine they are selling XR2 any longer.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung View Post
    You need to extract an edge (actually several seperate extractions) all around the area to create what amounts to a continuous boundary for the facing or pocketing operation. Then it should work.
    yes a boundary or a chain of lines, understand, however if i do the outer perimeter of my geometry the face mill will only follow the chain and will not face the material.

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung View Post
    SMT operations (Z-level and planar) do not require extracted geometry to do their thing, although sometimes you will want a 2d wire frame to create a boundary.
    what does SMT stand for? would i be able to use SMT planer for facing a part off?

Also does anyone know when a demo for XR3 will be available?

If you would post a XFA file here, we could have a look..sounds like you have a broken chain or possibly a bad setting in the face operation..

SMT is for 3D operations.."Solids Machining Technology". You could use a planar to face the part..but really not necessary or efficient.

I would call OneCNC and ask about a XR3 demo..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

my demo subscription ran out, is there a way to extend the demo?

my demo subscription ran out, is there a way to extend the demo?
    Have you called OneCNC?? That would be the first step..