584,826 active members*
5,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > Would like to buy an XR2 license

Would like to buy an XR2 license

This is my first post, hopefully this is the proper forum and section to post a wtb.

I'm a hobby chip maker that would like to step up to a cad/cam system. Onecnc seems to have a high satisfaction rating and an "easy-to-learn" reputation. Important for an old guy.

Does anyone have a Onecnc XR 2 Advantage or Professional license, dongle and manual they would like to sell?

Thanks

Bob

Usually trading software is illegal, you better check that you can buy from third part without problems.

Its not illegal, and OneCNC sales department does not frown on it AFAIK.

If you want phone in telephone support, I believe they do charge a $500 fee to the new owner of the software.

Its just one of the ways that OneCNC is different from much of their competition.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I spoke to the folks at Onecnc, with a serial, CD and dongle number they can confirm whether you are purchasing a legitimate license. If you want phone support they now charge a one time fee of $1000.

Purchasing a used legitimate seat license is legal. Purchasing a pirated copy would be illegal. Software authors all decide how they will handle resales of their products.

Onecnc seems to take the high road and encourages end users to keep their seats in play. The more people using their stuff means a larger potential upgrade base.

The $1000 support fee is more reasonable for the Professional and Expert editions of Onecnc with their higher initial purchase prices. The Express version lists for $1500 with Advantage going for about $2500. You would really need to buy Advantage right, a used copy of Express doesn't really compute if you want factory support.

Bob

That's good to hear, great info.

When I purchased my copy, it was clarified to me that the 'transfer fee' was actually for anyone who wanted phone support. I purchased my software and didn't pay a penny to OneCNC, but then.. I've never phoned them for tech support either.. The couple times I've had issues, I've had them answered online via the Forum.

FWIW..
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ONECNCXR2

I recently purchased a used copy of ONECNCXR2 Mill Advantage from a guy here on the Zone. Got a good deal on it and he supplied the manual and necessary USB Dongle.

I got the CD key # and the Serial number from the seller and verified it with ONECNC prior to the purchase. Everything went smooth as silk and like JerryFlyGuy said it didn't cost me a penny for the transfer. They even sent me a password so I could visit their user only forum.

Oh, and the forum is GREAT. Plenty of videos there to help a newbie like me and a bunch of really nice guys there ready and able to help you with any issues that may come up. Forget the telephone support.

They are getting ready to release a new version XR3. I am not sure what the cost of the upgrade will be. Lots of new really neat stuff.

I would like to upgrade to the professional series as it has solids capabilities. Maybe they will offer some type of special combo package when the new version XR3 is release. Hint Hint?????

John

I just listed my XR2 Advantage in the classifieds section

http://www.cnczone.com/classifieds/s...p?product=2074

if anyone is interested.

Aaron

The CncZone classifieds section has been down for the last 3 days so I just put it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OneCnc-XR2-Cad-C...QQcmdZViewItem

OneCNC and BobCad

I bought a new Haas SL10 and Bar 300. I have been running V21, but the lathe side is weak. Started with V18 and had every update version sense. So I call BobCad and” get The Treatment" I end up with V22 Lathe, the throw-in Predator stuff level 1 and three dongles, with training videos.
    Load the V22 and spend 2 day watching videos, get up to speed, but my computer keep crashing (digitaltigers, dual core 2, 2.6 w/ 4 gigs ram) a fast machine. I keep getting “Insufficient Resources”. So I Call Tech support (Times and get three different stories), but not before they charge me another $200.00+ for 12 months, (something that was left out of the conversation when I “Got the Treatment”) to repair this problem. I was told that the design team was aware of this problem. I ask for the patch and was told “There is not one”. This is a problem with the REDO and UNDO feature, the stack in the program keeps growing until the RAM is used up. On my machine this means Hard Boot. The “fix” from Tech Support was to every so often when you are drawing to save and close the program, then reopen, this will clear the stack, “Gee what a great feature, and you get it free.

I’m done with BobCad and their sale tactics.

Did a little research and found MasterCam, but was toooo expensive at this time, Same with AutoCad, Then on a thread in The Zone someone mention OneCNC. Did a search and found their site. Looked at the videos and made the call. I’m on the West Coast and OneCNC just opened an office in Upland, CA. Very nice fellow named Patrick, also a machinist. Told him how gun-shy I was after my V22 experience He DID NOT GIVE ME THE HARD SELL, and offered to give me net training to show the power of their software. More research found that this software is big in Europe and Australia. Then called Haas and was told that the New HassCNC software (Not yet released), is OneCNC. I call and bought the Lathe Express package from OneCNC. I received on Friday and Loaded on Saturday mourning, did the in book tutorials and had posted code and making parts by 1:00pm that afternoon. The OneCNC CR2 is unbelievable and the modeling is fantastic, complete control over tool path, tool setup and simple to draw parts. This is powerful software and worth every penny of the $2495.00 package price. I have yet to be formally trained. BobCad could learn a think or two from OneCNC (OneCNC has been in business for 20+ years overseas, well vetted software). FREE lifetime support and Free Lifetime Updates all in writing.

Just want what I paid for!!!