585,996 active members*
4,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > wide screen stretching issues

wide screen stretching issues

I started using a 22 inch wide screen for a monitor and now Im seeing oval shaps instead of circles. Also printing the same way. does anyone have a clue of what to do ?:idea:

Talking Try this.

View the screen at an angle. (LOL) sorry about that.
    I just decreased resolution on my ACAD machine to fix circles.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Change your screen resolution to one of the widescreen settings. Widescreen isn't supposed to stretch your image. It's supposed to give you more desktop space.

It's going to vary by the video card and drivers you have installed. Sorry that I can't be more specific than that.
    Greg

I don't know about Mastercam, but Autocad had a utility all the way back to the 1.X or 2.X days in DOS to allow you to make circles look round on the screen. I would expect Mastercam should also.

set it to the native screen setting this will set it right.
    I run dual 22" at home and dual 24" at the office. no issues.But have seen this because of the incorrect settings.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Re: wide screen stretching issues

I also have problems when I use mastercam in a wide screen laptop, when setting the stock , the OK tick is below the screen view
    as most laptop manufacturers today ship their units with wide screens, I believe that its a serious issue.
    can anyone please suggest a solution for this?
    thank you
    Mariano

Quote Originally Posted by rasta View Post
    I also have problems when I use mastercam in a wide screen laptop, when setting the stock , the OK tick is below the screen view
    as most laptop manufacturers today ship their units with wide screens, I believe that its a serious issue.
    can anyone please suggest a solution for this?
    thank you
    Mariano
    Try setting the screen resolution of the laptop to a greater resolution
    - this should make the dialog boxes in Mastercam smaller when compared to the actual screen size on the laptop
    - I have seen stretched windows display a circle as an oval...this also is a PC graphics setting correction......none of these issues are Mastercam related

This why I alwas prefer to get my laptop with the resolution of 1920x1080 as this can cause this issue.compared to say the lower screens of 1366x768. these are native screen settings. this make a difference.
    Not all screens will let you go higher then there native settings. 15" laptops tend to have the 1366x768 but you can get them with the higher. I found that 1366x768 just makes it as you have to some times move the prompt windows to get to the ok buttons at the bottom. I have all Dell Precision Laptops some have the higer res and some have the lower so I see both. but on these laptops I can buy a new higher res screen and repalce them. most laptops you cannot do this.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .