584,849 active members*
4,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > I need links on how to assembly a servo motor controller for my cnc 3 axis router

I need links on how to assembly a servo motor controller for my cnc 3 axis router

I'm almost done building my data-cut hybrid cnc router and now preparing for the next step.

The controller......

I see myself more as a machinist/fabricator and not a electrical expert so I need your help.

Somewhere here at the zone, somebody posted a step by step guide on how to build a complete servo controller. I can't find that link anymore. The guide was explained in laymen terms. I might even be mistaken and seen this guide somewhere else.

I want to build it myself and need to know what I need to buy and how to assemble it. Everything starting from the parallel port or usb and ending at the wires that connect to the servo motors.

I have a little experience in soldering and I can read just the basic electrical schematics. When it comes to diodes, capacitors and all the other electrical mubo jumbo, I'm out of my element.

Oh yeah...the dreaded power supply.....I have to admit, I'm afraid of these things. Thinking that I might fry all the expensive components if I hook it up the wrong way.

If any member can suggest a link that can help me out, I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks in advance,

Rod
    San Francisco

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ger21,
    Thanks for the link.

Lots of great information here. I learned alot.

Not the same site I remember seeing in the past which gave part numbers and step by step instrucitons on the assembly.

I will take whatever I get. Thank you.

BTW, After checking out the whole website, I don't see the builder using a "breakout board". I thought it was a required component.

Rod
    San Francisco