585,754 active members*
3,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas-M0 - Leadwell MCV-O

Attemping help restart Leadwell MCV-O that has been idle for a couple years. Looking for another machine owner in eastern Massachusetts (or country) that could assist in solving startup problems. Will need name of CNC repair service in this area.

After reviewing different sites on this website, came across a listing that discussed downloading to this slow control but with faster baud rated that where normally used when first introduced (600 baud rate). If any one has other suggestions for software, it would be greatly appreciated. Time is on my side, I do not know if the control is. Might have too many defects.

Toolmaker,
    I have 2 leadwell MCV-O's 1986 and 1987.Mine have Meldas MO controls. I can load files at 19200 baud rate.
    I am in southern N.H.

What trouble are you having?

Cutmore

I have a meldas M0 problem. I also don't see how to start a new thread. I have most of the docs for this okk mch450. The rotary B axis does not stop at the right place when I zero the b axis. It is about 1 degree short when it stops. I am looking for zero and grid shift info.
    Robert Setree 502-452-9851

You can access the machine parameters through diagnostics. You may have to page forward to I believe page 6. You should see your cursor blinking below. You need to type 1001 move cursor under bit 7 and type a 1 then move the cursor to mode and type M0. Press <input) twice. Make sure it's a zero not the letter o. This will allow you to access machine parameters when you press the parameter button. You should then be able to navigate to the page which will allow the shift that you need for the 4th axis. I believe it's page 5.

Regards,

Chippy

I have blank pages on 4 thru 10. On page 11 I get the zero point options. The problem is when I do g28 b0. the machine position screen shows 360.035 and when the table clamps the machine display changes to 1.0. The b axis also does not appear to really turn 360 degrees when commanded. It seems to be 1 to degrees less.
    Robert Setree 502-452-9851

Page 4.1 ~ 4.7 pertain to pitch error for your machine. These pages are reached by pushing the up/down arrow keys on my control. Using the page up/down keys will make you jump from Page 1 or (P1) at the top right to Page 11 (P11) at the top right. (P5) has the shift parameters for each axis for zero return as you had originally asked.

Take a look at (P1) though and compare you parameters from axis to axis especially the Gear box, Tau, L/Z settings. Be careful changing the B-axis to match though the other axis's if they are different. Write these down and post them.

Also, if you were to put the B-Axis in Handle mode and move what would be 360 degrees of the handle, where did the axis actually end up. This can help with setting these parameters should they be the problem.

Finaly, and most important, when did this start to happen on the B-Axis?

Regards,

Chippy

Do you have parameters. I have a 87 leadwell mcv-o with meldas-mo controls . Battery went dead.
    Jake