585,987 active members*
4,315 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Looking for anybody with OKUMA CROWN SB

Looking for anybody with OKUMA CROWN SB

I own a OKUMA CROWN (type 762E) . Recently the memory board had to be replaced on my machine and software had to be reloaded. I've lost IGF option and I don't have it on disks. (when I bought this machine I didn't know there were only old disks in the cabinet, someone didn't put new disks with IGF). Now OKUMA wants a lot of money for 2 floppy disks and they want me to wait 3 months. Anyone has the same machine and could copy some disks for me ? We can talk about the price. My cell : 860-8163058

hi
    at least both Maschines must have the same options,
    and AFAIK have the Disks the Maschinenumber includet and verify this,
    so i think it dont work,
    maybee we have a Okuma Service Man here how knows exactly.

good luck

Without the proper software you'll never get IGF back. The machines cannot run software that is written for other machines, regardless of machine type, it's based on the serial number of the machine, and software is written specifically for that serial number and will not work if installed on any other machine.
    IGF is a good way to program, but I think I could teach you some short cuts and tricks on the OKUMA control that will enable you to hand program almost anything in a timely fashion and still make good parts.
    I would be happy to give you some sample programs with comments inside the program to give you a basic structure of what good code looks like. Where to start and stop cutter comp, how the lap cycles work, how the other canned cycles work etc.
    Cheers,
    Brian