585,925 active members*
3,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Myford Lathe for Trade (or Sale)

I'm not sure if a Myford can easily be CNC'd or not but hey, this is the Canadian Club so a little slack is in order eh!

I've just acquired a Myford Super 7 in very good condition with lots of accessories and tons of quality tooling (American and British) but I've not sorted through it all yet but much of it appears to be boring bars, reamers, adjustable reamers, taps and dies so far.

It's a gray (not green) one and has power X axis but not power Y axis and change gears vs. threading gear change box so I'm not asking 10 grand for it. :-) The chucks are the original Bernerd type used by Myford and the milling attachment is their premium 2-way swiveling one. Being a second (or more?) generation Super 7, it also has a really generous cross slide table travel (6+") so between that and the swivel milling attachment it's possible to make much more than simple, miniature widgets.

My plan is to clean it up (not much to do) but do nothing to remove any blemishes, or apply any touch up the paint, etc. and then take a lot of well lit, close-up pics so the condition can be better understood. I'll have those and more info within a week or two as I'm considering the FleaBay thing when it's ready but really don't want to have to crate it if possible.

What I'm really looking for (to help out my son) is a good quality CNC router table and software. Something like a Shopbot but preferably not too big. Sorry guys, I'm not trading a Myford for a small MDF tabletop kit. :-) but I would sell it as well.

I'm in Belleville, Ontario so if anyone is interested in getting further info as it's available just let me know.

Thanks much,
    Gerry

New to the forum

Hello all, I am new to the forum, from Ontario Canada, getting myself ready for retirement, enjoy shop, welding and machining. I will from time to time be looking for advice and/or instructions.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    I'm not sure if a Myford can easily be CNC'd or not but hey, this is the Canadian Club so a little slack is in order eh!

I've just acquired a Myford Super 7 in very good condition with lots of accessories and tons of quality tooling (American and British) but I've not sorted through it all yet but much of it appears to be boring bars, reamers, adjustable reamers, taps and dies so far.

It's a gray (not green) one and has power X axis but not power Y axis and change gears vs. threading gear change box so I'm not asking 10 grand for it. :-) The chucks are the original Bernerd type used by Myford and the milling attachment is their premium 2-way swiveling one. Being a second (or more?) generation Super 7, it also has a really generous cross slide table travel (6+") so between that and the swivel milling attachment it's possible to make much more than simple, miniature widgets.

My plan is to clean it up (not much to do) but do nothing to remove any blemishes, or apply any touch up the paint, etc. and then take a lot of well lit, close-up pics so the condition can be better understood. I'll have those and more info within a week or two as I'm considering the FleaBay thing when it's ready but really don't want to have to crate it if possible.

What I'm really looking for (to help out my son) is a good quality CNC router table and software. Something like a Shopbot but preferably not too big. Sorry guys, I'm not trading a Myford for a small MDF tabletop kit. :-) but I would sell it as well.

I'm in Belleville, Ontario so if anyone is interested in getting further info as it's available just let me know.

Thanks much,
    Gerry
    Hello Gerry,

I am interested in your Myford super 7, if you can give me a phone number or an email address, I would like to ask you a few questions.

Regards

Guy

Lathe Photo's

Hello Gerry, I am still waiting for the photo's of the lathe. if you lost my email address, let me know I will give you a call.