584,833 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Post Processor for SolidCAM and Mach3

I've tried all of the solidcam-mach3 post processors available on this site. I haven't found one that produces usable GCODE. I'm running SW14. The Mach3 is driving a Gecko G540 and zenbot table. Prior to this, I was using MastercamX5 and aside from the issue of having to retool after every SW edit, the GCODE from MCX5 was valid and usable.

Also... in my relentless desperation, I went through the entire solidcam postprocessor library and tried each one. Nothing gave me the GCODE I needed.

It would be extremely helpful to find a solidcam-mach3 postprocessor that works right. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Somebody?

And... there you have it. Thanks in advance gang!

Faunc should work with mach3

Thanks, but the Fanuc produced unusable gcode. My ol' MCX5 spit out pretty good code. I only had to delete the last 2 lines. Just wished it were the MC FOR SW version.

But everything else I've tried produces strange issues, including both x,y alignment and scaling of the feed rates. I don't know how to edit the .gpp, or else, I'd give it a shot.

@zoidal I am running the same version of SW/SC have had issues finding a post that isn't a mess as well.

My version of solidcam came with a tormach post it works decently well but still requires cleanup which I imagine similar to your Mastercam annoyance. The only problem with the tormach post on my machine is getting facetting on arcs.

I'm about ready to break down and figure out how to edit a gpp.
    Let's get to the bottom of this.

Try Tormeck. Worked for me.

Hello Zoidal

did you find a working postprocessor?

I am also looking for a good working postprocessor for sollidcam mach3 for my Emco machine.

Please let me know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cam1 View Post
    Hi:
    Goto SolidCam in program directory.Expand folder and place post (.gpp extension and .mac machine file) into GPP folder. This is the correct location. You can then configure the program in SolidCam settings to use this as a default(browse and point to mach3.gpp or whatever the name of the post). Whenever you open a new part, you can pick a different post from the CAM definition heading in the main menu bar.

regards
    ...SolidCam/SolidCam2014/Gpptool there is no GPP folder. Thanks for advice anyway

Hello, can anyone help ... I want to make a similar code in solidcam
    Linc

When I try to do g-code I get a mistake that this code is not for a 4-axis mill . I want to move only on axes X and Z. The Y axis must always be 0.0000! How can I do it in solidcam?Maybe there is a special setup in cam programms ?

Quote Originally Posted by besriworld View Post
    Hello, can anyone help ... I want to make a similar code in solidcam
    Linc

When I try to do g-code I get a mistake that this code is not for a 4-axis mill . I want to move only on axes X and Z. The Y axis must always be 0.0000! How can I do it in solidcam?Maybe there is a special setup in cam programms ?
    The problem is in the postprocessor. If I choose a post-processor on a haas machine ... code is calculated

Page 2 of 2 12