585,992 active members*
5,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Replacement Parts?

Hey Guys,

Is there anywhere on HAAS website where I can get part #'s or order replacement parts, I cant seem to find anything......or do I need to contact a local distributer? I have an 02 VF2 and I keep getting Alarm 114 "Shuttle In Fault". After some research I found that the brushes might be bad in the DC tool changer motor, a test would be to tap it with a hammer and see if it works......sure enough that is our temporary fix! Im trying to locate replacement brushes.

Thanks for the help,
    Jim

You will need to contact your local dealer for parts.

Loose Nut

Edit to add;

You will want to replace your tool changer relays in the control as well.

haas does not sell brushes anymore they sell motors. you may find an hfo that still has some brushes that they are willing to sell. the other option is see who the manufacturer is ie bison or bodine get the numbers off the motor and find brushes from minarik or some other distributor if your hfo does not have them. most likely you just need to pull them out and clean the races and the brushes i cannot imagine that they wore out in that amount of time. sometimes i file the sides down so they ride smoother in the race.
    REYTECH Machine Service Corp. CNC repair NY, NJ
    http://www.reytechmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by serviceman View Post
    haas does not sell brushes anymore they sell motors. you may find an hfo that still has some brushes that they are willing to sell. the other option is see who the manufacturer is ie bison or bodine get the numbers off the motor and find brushes from minarik or some other distributor if your hfo does not have them. most likely you just need to pull them out and clean the races and the brushes i cannot imagine that they wore out in that amount of time. sometimes i file the sides down so they ride smoother in the race.

I actually just called my local dealer and he said the same thing. It was a Bison motor but the tech guy said there is no way they should be worn that fast. He told me to just clean them out like you suggested.

Thanks for the replies!

Jim

Haas sells ($50.00 each) a Mill and Lathe Service Manual , mechanical components: and a Mill and Lathe Service Manual, electrical components. Both include Haas part numbers.

Vern