584,871 active members*
5,262 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > OKK > Connection & Download with DNC from PC

Connection & Download with DNC from PC

Having trouble configuring PC to machine download parameters . . .
    We have an MCV-410 OKK with CNC MATIC-G, Control Unit Type UF01A and have been using the CIMNET box with CIMNET software on the PC for program downloads and now are removing the CIMNET boxes throughout the plant and using the PC's at each machine for stand-alone hubs. I've configured Mazak's for this but this is my first OKK and surely it's similar because of the Mitsubishi controller. I think there must be a trick on the OKK control screen to start the download that's different from before. The book, page 58, 7.1 "Input from Tape" I suppose would be used.

My origional paramaters are this:

I'm trying to go to this:

Any one have this in operation or know how to?

Thanks!

Hi,
    can't help you with your question but would like to learn how to back up and download programs to the MVC 410 myself. I just purchased this OKK on sight unseen and I guess I paid big time for my mistake. I just had Mitsubishi go through all my boards and replaced the bubble board for $4.280.00 plus had to have mitsubishi tech come to my shop to trouble shoot the rest of the machine because I could not get it to start up. That was $1000.00 a day for the trouble shooting it only took 2 day's imagine that. Anyway this is my first cnc in my shop and I am not familiar with the
    CNC MATIC-G controller. The machine works fine but I can't figure out how to start programming. I have some books that came with the machine but they don't seem to help me at least. Can anyone show me the sequence needed to start programming in G code? I have Bobcad but not sure if it can be used on this machine. I have 16,000.00 dollars invested in this machine and I can sure use some help. I will check back in this forum but if anyone would like to send me some answers on my home address it is [email protected] Thank you in advance for any help. Claude

As to the first post, the first thing I would do is make sure you use a 3 wire cable, i.e. jumper out the hardware handshake pins on both ends of the cable, and just use TX, RX & ground, there are many threads here that explain it.
    For cs_sas, I would recommend two books, Computer Numerical Control by Warren S. Seames and Computer Numerical Control Programming by Michael Save & Joseph Puszai.
    Between the two they cover most areas and different controllers.
    You can also use a free simulator for testing you programs, MicroTech CNCsimulator.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the quick response al.
    I will check on the two books mentioned. Where is the simulater site? I would guess that I can due this via internet correct? Thanks again for the info.
    Claude

You should get it from here http://www.cncsimulator.com/
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Claude,
    Download my help sheets, etc. from here http://cid-c4847dbd274a9918.skydrive...ic/OKK/OKK.zip

Trying to network my OKK VM7...Need Help

I have an OKK VM7 that was connected to a network so we could move programs to and from the machine. This was connected using network cable (DSL). I am now trying to connect via network through a laptop and am having no luck. I have the OKK and laptop both hardwired through a Linksys Wireless G router and am stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this machine back communicating with my laptop???

Thanks for anything!!!!

Andy

What kind of control do you have? Are you sure you have the IP addresses set up correctly? Can you ping the controls IP address from your laptop? Were you uploading and downloading to this laptop or is this the first time you are trying with this laptop? Have you installed FTP software onto your laptop? Are you getting any alarms?

We have never used this laptop with the machine. We had to move the machine to another building. We were networking through our server which is a desktop computer and basically sharing folders. We had the hard drive on the okk mapped to the desktop so we could copy and paste to move and delete files. This is what I would like to get it back to be able to do. We have changed none of the settings on the OKK. I have not downloaded any software to the laptop. I did try pinging the IP address with no replies.

What are the IP addresses of the control and your laptop? It sounds like you have a connection problem. If you have a crossover cable you can try and hook directly from the laptop to the machine. Check the lights on the network port on the laptop. If they do not light up then your PC is definitely not getting a good connection. Once you can ping the machine you will also have to map the Hard drive of the control to your laptop in order to drag and drop.

the control we have is a mitsubushi. The IP address for the machine is set at 192.168.1.105. The laptop's IP address was pinging at 192.168.1.102. I could not get the machine to ping. I do not have a crossover cable...i can check on getting one i suppose...

The IP Addresses look correct. Maybe your Hub is no good? A crossover cable will tell you this for sure and they are relatively cheap.

can you please point me in the right direction for a crossover cable. I have never purchased one before, so I would like to make sure I get the right thing. Thanks so much for all your help on this!!!

Here is one from Radio Shack.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2284646
    As long as it is a network cable like the one shown in this link and says 'crossover' then it will work for what you are trying.

HEllo
    i need a documentation for the cnc matic g okk
    help please
    thanks
    Last edited by Mammed; 11-30-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obieron View Post
    Claude,
    Download my help sheets, etc. from here http://cid-c4847dbd274a9918.skydrive...ic/OKK/OKK.zip
    please send me this file
    thanks