585,975 active members*
4,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Post for Haas vmc in Mastercam or post help

Post for Haas vmc in Mastercam or post help

We are really fighting with a post we have for Mastercam X for our lat 90s Haas VMC. I cannot get much help on the post so hoping someone would be nice enough to share a proven post? I think Haas follows the Fanuc programming pretty close so maybe a Fanuc post would work.

Mostly our problems are rapid moves before and after tool change. Post is not inputting a G49, putting G91 in wrong spot, H code not inputting, the list goes on. Enough I am ready to just try something else. Can anyone help? We just need the PST file. We also do a lot of M00s and was hoping to mod a post to bring the table back to us when M00 is commanded since most of the time, M00 will include bolt or fixture changes.

If nothing else, if someone knows how to mod the post on way of where the Codes are put, that would help. Example, we are getting our coolant on the wrong line and need to to start sooner. Things like that. Thanks guys

what year machine?and what post are you using now,i use the MPfan post for my TM-1 2004 hass,i only have to remove the A0. which are for fourth axis,tell me the year and model hass and ill check through my posts
    steve

i do have serveral hass posts,but havent tried them out

Our machine is late 1996 with 3 axis. Yes the A axis is another thing we need to delete. Ours is outputting the A0. The name on the post has been personalized and would not be recognized. Just very frustrated because if I knew how to get into MCX and work on the post, that would probably be most helpful.

Which version of Mastercam are you using? Oops, I saw that you're using X. Have you installed the latest patches for that version? There is an update that is everything, all over again (not really a patch but all new CDs). It includes a Haas post.

And you do still have a text post that can be edited. It gets modified by the control definition but it can be edited exactly the same way you did the old posts. Open your .PST file in notepad and you'll see what I mean. Just don't change the first few lines. Those get generated by the program and tie the post to the control.
    Greg

And back up your post first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, we never did get the patch for MCX. The post we are using was from version 8. It cuts just fine, it is just the rapid moves and such that are not right and a G49 is missing and I am already tired of inputting that.

Do you have to adjust the parameters of the post in the txt file? Is there an easy way with MCX to open and mod a post? FOr some reason now, when I call up the Haas post in the list of machines, it says " selected machine does NOT have a valid axis combination and will be replaced". WTH?? I have been moving files around so who knows.

I'm using their supplied HAASV.PST right now. It works for the most part. I've had problems with helical entry on pockets and a couple of other odd, arc moves in Z but other than that, it's working for me.

I've been mailed a couple of other posts but so far, the one that came with the patched MCX has worked the best.

Yes, you can edit the HAASV.PST exactly the same as your old posts. It's a text script with Mastercam instructions being formatted and mapped into G-code equivelants. If it's small changes, you can scan the post and find the problem area. Hopefully you can figure out how to rewrite that line.

If you ran the conversion on your MC8 post when you upgraded to X, you should still be able to open it and see the 'guts'. The documentation is misleading. It makes it sound like the old PST file went away but it's still there--albeit with a little keycode added at the top so the control definition knows that they've 'talked' before.

As for rapid moves, etc: there is a checkbox in all of the path dialogs that has the retract speed as a default. You have to manually choose the 'Rapid' radio button or it will only retract at the feed in the dialog. Or define 'rapid' as the default in the tool library (if that's how you call your tools).

You don't have to be on maintenance to install the patches. If you were on maintenance when you installed X, then you're eligible for them. They are on their site for download. The patches will talk to your 'dongle' and figure out if you get all of the new features turned on or just the fixes. It's a lengthy download but worth it.

I wish I could be more help but I'm pretty new to this stuff too.
    Greg

I do not think we can get the patches for X. We do not have the Haas post so if you could offer it, that would be a start. For some reason, we tested our post from 8 in a friends X2, and it worked fine. It will not work in X though. GD!

I think X just has issues and we have never been happy with it.

Give mastercam a call and they will help you. They watch these forums also so I'm sure they can help you out also with getting your updates for X. If you paid for it, they will make sure you are back up and running on Monday.

What do you mean you can't get the patch for X?
    Just go the the mastercam site and download it.
    There is a huge library of posts on the second instalation disc that you got when you purchased mastercam. I don't see the issue.
    If you don't like the A0.0 moves and you have to edit them, turn it off in the post. It's one of the questions at the bottom. If you put your post where it's supposed to be....mastercam will be able to see it. There is a path definition in the control def. Point it to where it needs to be.
    What does your reseller have to say about this? Who is he? When I have issues like this I call mine and get an answer in two minutes

Thanks, we will make some calls on Monday if we do not get things worked out tonight.