585,997 active members*
5,217 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help Okuma LB10 servo amp error

Hi I am running an Okuma LB10 with OSP5000L control and after 20 mins, sometimes more it halts with alarm A servo amp X axis 4802E6. Looking at the alarm Leds on the servo amp control board shows two alarm conditions (instantaneous motor over current and low voltage on the dc power suppy).
    If I change from auto to manual and move the X axis I can recommence running the machine in auto for another 20 mins or so.
    From the suggestions in the manual it points towards the servo amp board being faulty. Does anyone have any experience with this problem or any pointers on fault finding the servo amp board.

Thanks in advance

Are any of the other amps the same size that you can swap just to eliminate this as a source or the problem?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Lightbulb

There are several items I would check, you can swap the drives between X-axis and Z-axis. Most of the times the x is a 50amp and the z is a 30amp, you can swap these for test purposes and run for a while. I don’t recommend leaving them for the long term. If you do swap the axis drives while all of the wires are unhooked for X-axis MEG the motor leads. UX, VX, and WX. You can power up the machine with the motor leads disconnected to see if the drive will come up without alarms. Check the X-axis load in manual should read about 35 to 45 % in the plus direction at 100% and about 10 to 13% in the minus direction just to make sure that the motor is not overloading and causing the drive to kick out. Also after your 20 min run and the machine dose drop out make a note of the actual x-axis position each time and see if the axis is stopping in approximately the same position or at random positions. I the same position then I would check all of the cables in the x-axis track to the motor. Hope some of these Ideas work if not let me know.