585,762 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Hyundai Quickturn 8N Control Help

Exclamation Hyundai Quickturn 8N Control Help

We have a Hyunday Quickturn 8N lathe that has a Mazatrol T32b control on it. We cannot figure out how to pull the programs off of it as well as push new ones up. Does anyone have any advice for me on software as well as the correct buttons to push on the control? We have a RS232 cable that i believe is the correct configuration but if someone had that info I could verify...

As you can guess...right now the only way to get a program on the machine is to type it in! UGGG

Thanks
    Ryan

Hello Hawkeye,

I found this site http://www.productionshopadvisor.com/Downloads.htm, they have a manual available for the Mazatrol T32b control.

I have not used this control so I'm not able to help with up load / down load on this unit.

As for the RS-232, that's pretty easy. Google RS232 and get the pin out. Here is a site for that: http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/RS-232.html#pins

Verify your cable pin out and you will be good on that. As far as the settings go, that depends on the machine control and parameters which control things like baud rate, parity and flow control. I just went through all of this on our Hyundai with Yasnac J50M control. I use EZ DNC software for the upload / download form my PC. I took a stab at the settings as I didn't have a manual and lucked out through trail and error.

Our machine was set to use 4800 baud, 7 data bits, 2 stop bits and even parity. Also, the programs need to have a "%" sign (percent sign) at the very top of the file and the very bottom of the file, this tells the control where the file begins and ends. This could be different on your machine, but I think this is pretty common. Make sure to have the program number ( I.E. O2222 ) as the first line in the program (not counting the required % sign) and you will be good.

Good Luck!

Kevin

You might look for "Griffo Brothers" software for mazak
    to send back and forth