585,744 active members*
4,928 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry syil soft limit settings

Has anyone found it impossible to hear the explination on the syil site on how to set the soft limits on the X£ super mill,
    Can anyone send me the instructions on how to set these limits. All i hear on the syil site video is gobbled goop.

Are you using Mach3?

http://www.machsupport.com/documentation/

try config - homing/limits to set your soft limits

I think you have to turn off persistent jog in config - general config for jogging to respect the safe limits you set (courtesy Syil Canada)

Cheers thats clearer many thanks

hmm, I'm not doing so well. For some reason I can't get my soft limits to be heeded. My C6 is able to manually jog through them.

It's easy. Home your machine. The switch to machine coordinate display. Then jog to your limits on each axis. Enter these values for x , y and z into the config - homing limits page. Then click on the soft limits button so it is highlighted in green, and you are set. You must home your machine each time you turn it on tho, but no biggy.

Wade

Where is this soft limits button? I read about it in the manual, but couldn't find it in any of the config windows.

It's on the main screen under the DRO.

Wade

Ah, I think we're talking about different Mach3 machines. There's no soft limit button under the DRO on lathe like on the mill. My bad, this thread is about mill.

I am talking about the Syil SX3 milling machine. I'm not talking about a lathe. If you are using the Syil definition file for Mach3, then it is under the main screen under the DRO display.

Wade

Hi Mad Max,
    I had the same problem on my lathe. I was wondering why it was so different. One day I found it. You'll find it when you hit the TAB key to get the jogging screen. This was after I had modified my screen set to put it on the manual page

Mark
    Insanity "doing the same thing and expecting a different result"
    Mark

www.mcoates.com

Thanks Mark!

It was driving me nuts not being able to find that.

Hi Its me again, I think I have found out where I'm going wrong, are the soft limits past the homing micro switches. I.e. making the working area bigger than the home points. It's driving me mad, can someone tell Syil to redo their help file the sound cannot be heard and it does not match the video. It will be in Syils interest because someone will crash the axis into the castings one day. I've been using the X3 and Mach 3 programming without the limits set!

I used the video on Syil's site and didn't have any problems viewing or hearing what was going on. Maybe the codec's in your video player need updating?

Wade