586,005 active members*
4,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC strange problem

Hi guys, this is my first post so pleas be easy on me. So here's the problem - i have made a driver for my motors (unipolar, 6V 1.2A, 1.8 degrees step) and i use the TurboCNC to drive them. Everythng works fine when i start the program - the Gcode is been read and sent to the port, and the motor (currently only for X ) is moving. Here comes the strange part - when i move the mouse while the program is running the motor seems to be decreasing it's sped (loosing step). The faster i move the mouse the more obvious the problem becomes. I am using an 750mhz 256ram computer. So the question is what is going on, and is the motor really loosing step, or the software is just "freezing" for a moment, not sending a pulse to the port and after that continuing it's normal operation ?
    Sorry for the english guys.

Are you running TurboCNC in Windows? You need to boot directly to DOS and run it from there, not from Windows.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Also, be aware, there is a bug. If you "click" on your mouse while there is a move in process, an interrupt will be generated that can (and will) mess up the timing of the pulses.
    My recommendation is that once everything is setup, dump the mouse driver and only use the keyboard for your commands!

I personally, have found that I have no use for a mouse once the system is properly setup!

Hi guys. Thenks for the replys.

I am running the program on DOS (not windows DOS).
    "dump the mouse driver" - what do you mean by that :| .
    And one other thing - when the program needs to make a big ditstance on some of the axes, i noticed that sometime the motor snubbers (vibrates a litle bit from time to time) a litle bit, i doesn't seem to lose step, but I don't know what is causing this problem (I am not touching the mouse)

Had the same problem, and figured I would just have to live without the mouse. So drop the mouse. You will learn to live without it.