584,830 active members*
5,662 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Best place to pick up tooling

Best place to pick up tooling

Hey folks interested in finding a source for end mills/surfacing bits/roughing bits/ workholding tools/ for a small benchtop mill, my normal source seems to of vanished. If you need to know what type of mill, well its blue.Taig tooling should work I have searched the entire web and have came up with a big fat zero. Some of the products I speak of, needing is labeled "Class" So is there another source for these products.Thanks

For non machine specific try MSC, J&L, Enco, Wholesale Tool, Shars, Discount Machine, Ebay, Penn Tools. Thats all that pop in my head right now. They cover most all the bases in selection and price range.

Quote Originally Posted by rossrods View Post
    Hey folks interested in finding a source for end mills/surfacing bits/roughing bits/ workholding tools/ for a small benchtop mill, my normal source seems to of vanished. If you need to know what type of mill, well its blue.Taig tooling should work I have searched the entire web and have came up with a big fat zero. Some of the products I speak of, needing is labeled "Class" So is there another source for these products.Thanks

The products that you are looking for that are labelled as "Class" are probably from this company

http://www.positiveflow.com/taigacc.htm

They also sell stuff for MaxNC machines which are also blue.hope this helps!

Frank

Thanks guys ya I know about Dearmond tool but havnt been able to reach him. He might be on vacation

Try the Atrax brand at Enco. We bought some last week at work and they are nice. Made in USA too!

Mark
    Insanity "doing the same thing and expecting a different result"
    Mark

www.mcoates.com

I had to lol at "it's blue". I've got one of them too. McMaster-Carr has got a pretty good selection of tools and equipment I think.

Bill K.

www.jtsmachine.com They have the best prices, they are local for me so I buy everything there, plus I can't find better prices anywhere else.

Ive been very happy with Travers

msc has a good sale on carbide end mills this month. we are planning an stocking up.
    check the monthly flyer.

I'm biased www.tstool.com is local for me and they have just about everything listed in stock ready to ship. Get their print catalog because the website is new and kinda hard to find exactly what you need. Good prices, imports are great quality and mostly not from communist origins. Friendly and knowledgable staff.