585,568 active members*
3,570 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Help using CS in Gibbs v7

Help using CS in Gibbs v7

I just started at a shop that uses Gibbs. I’m coming from a MasterCAM background so it is a bit strange trying to translate as I read the Gibbs books. I was hoping some one could answer what should be an obvious question: How do you use the CS in Gibbs? I assume this is like the WCS in mastercam, where you can orient your coordinate system, and origin anyway you want it? I will mostly be machining solid models imported from Pro Engineer. I have no trouble getting the models into Gibbs (in fact it seems to be better at it than MC) but I haven’t figured out how to orient my X Y Z axis yet. The boss is only letting me take home one Gibbs book at a time, and right now I have Geometry creation, so I’m a bit stumped.

Thanks-

MC to GIBBSCAM

I am a Gibbs Programmer tring to learn Mastercam, and I don't understand the mc work planes so maybe we can help each other here,

I would love to help I have been using Gibbscam for About 3 year now, Not to much in Solid models but I think I pretty good at it, if you could get the VNC file of what your doing I maybe able to help

P.S. Im tring to Use MC on a Mill Turn machine

My Personal Email Address
    [email protected]

Microdot, the CS is used just like you said. If you have internet available at your workstation you can go to gibbs online and they have some tech notes available that help explain how to orientate your body where you want it to be and you can print them off. Alot easier getting them from there, I would probably get you alittle confused trying to explain it all here. Hope this helps.

If you dont have it at your workstation, then just print them off from your internet source and take them with you.

Thanks. I found a bunch of stuff on Gibbs website. The big problem is the only seat of Gibbs is on the shop floor right between 2 Mazak lathes (one with a very noisy main spindle). Not the best place to be when trying to concentrate on something new. Im realy hoping the owner sends me to Gibbs classes. We'll see.
    Rfstar: If you go here: ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_for...ified_uploads/
    There are 2 files called WCS tutorial something. Look at them and it will explain very well how to use the MC WCS feature and t and c planes. This is an ftp site run by www.emastercam.com which is a great resource for MC info.

Post Processor From Gibbs to Anilam 3000M

Hey,
    anyboby know of a post for Gibbscam to Anilam 3000M Conversational?