585,971 active members*
4,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Where can i get a processor for solidcam to prototrak?

Unhappy Where can i get a processor for solidcam to prototrak?

Please help me,

My university has invested in some XYZ Machine tools Lathes & Mills with Prototrak controllers. They have also installed Solidworks & Solidcam on the PC's there.

They have basically left to me and one other guy to get them up and running.

We have learnt how use the machinery manually and how to use Solidworks & Cam together. We just need to know how to get the Solidcam files into the Prototrak.

Please help, we are almost there.

Hi: you need to select the post processor you want to use under CAM setup,or CAM part definition (at the very top of the tree). Once you have chosen the post (the correct one for your control), you would Gcode the operation, and load that file into the control via RS232 or floppy etc. Contact SolidCam, and ask them to supply you with a post, if you cannot find the one for your control.

regards

Is there anybody out there with a post file for solidcam and prototrak?

Contact SolidCAM UK up in Barnsley (email [email protected]). They have a huge library of posts and if one doesn't exist, they will write one for you. The support here in the UK is very good indeed - I've been using SolidCAM for 4 years now.

Try a Fanuc 6M post.