585,670 active members*
4,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tag files from an INTERMAC

Hi everyone!
    I'm a newbie on CNCzone.
    Just a little question:
    anyone who knows how to manipulate .tag files produced by WinGlass software installed for use with INTERMAC CNC's?
    I need some other software capable to convert dxf files into tag and vice-versa without using Winglass."Googling" is not useful...already tried...
    Thnx in advance

Not sure I got this right.....

you want to Cad your .DXF and then export it into .TAG and then Cam it or you want to skip .TAG altogether? We were using Intercad/Stonecam till about 14 months ago and are now on Icam which is both Cad/Cam in one package and pretty easy to use with .Dxf exportability built in if that is any help.
    Cheers

Ciao, puoi spiegarmi in italico idioma la tua richiesta? da come ho inteso vorresti trasformare file .dxf in file .tag senza passare per Winglass?
    utilizzo il WinGlass su cnc per vetro ed i file .tag non vengono utilizzati dalle macchine che ho, utilizzo il dxf direttamente.
    anzi, la "rottura " è che ad ogni salvataggio devo aprire la tendina dell'estensione per cambiare il formato di salvataggio proposto sempre .tag.
    Ciao Antonello

Quote Originally Posted by mosiac71 View Post
    you want to Cad your .DXF and then export it into .TAG and then Cam it or you want to skip .TAG altogether? We were using Intercad/Stonecam till about 14 months ago and are now on Icam which is both Cad/Cam in one package and pretty easy to use with .Dxf exportability built in if that is any help.
    Cheers
    Hi,
    I've been very busy these months, so please excuse me for my late answer.
    We understood that our problem is to afford in another way.
    Specifically speaking, we want to produce a single CAD draw and then use it on any CNC we have, adding CAM "on the fly".
    Now, the problem is that we've 2 CNC's with OSAI S10/510 and "Taglio" software (which produces .tag and .dxf files) and an older Intermac Stone 4000 (glass modified) with an Allen Bradley and a Mirai InterCad (working in Dos 6.22... :-( ) wich produces .mdf files. The .dxf manipulation from the older Mirai software is a very complicated and "wasting-time" procedure, so at the moment AFAIK we've 2 solutions to improve our productive efficiency :
    #1- using a software to translate . dxf or .tag files in .mdf files but wich software can do this ?
    #2- changing the AllenBradley CNC with a most performant OSAI S10 (very expensive)

This is the problem.
    Any suggestion welcome.

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by rodin View Post
    Hi,
    I've been very busy these months, so please excuse me for my late answer.
    We understood that our problem is to afford in another way.
    Specifically speaking, we want to produce a single CAD draw and then use it on any CNC we have, adding CAM "on the fly".
    Now, the problem is that we've 2 CNC's with OSAI S10/510 and "Taglio" software (which produces .tag and .dxf files) and an older Intermac Stone 4000 (glass modified) with an Allen Bradley and a Mirai InterCad (working in Dos 6.22... :-( ) wich produces .mdf files. The .dxf manipulation from the older Mirai software is a very complicated and "wasting-time" procedure, so at the moment AFAIK we've 2 solutions to improve our productive efficiency :
    #1- using a software to translate . dxf or .tag files in .mdf files but wich software can do this ?
    #2- changing the AllenBradley CNC with a most performant OSAI S10 (very expensive)

This is the problem.
    Any suggestion welcome.

Ciao
    hello, i'm new to this forum but i work with these programs. i work with intercad/ stonecad 3d that i use to program an intermac jet. and a masterstone that i use to program a master stone 2300. for the intercad i use a .tag file and for the masterstone i use a .mdf file so what i do with the file that i want, in intercad i save it as a .dxf file to a floppy disk then i go to the master stone software i click the cad interface, then i name the file so i can open the cad interface. then i click a button that says next (is underneath the BRD button) then i click the cutting table button, click the bystronic table button that is on the read side, now just type the name of the dxf file, press enter, chose the drive A: insert the floppy . press enter.
    now it opens the file now i go to where it says exit click it, i choose save and open new file, click it save it and i open my working table file. when i open my table file i click the FILE button i choose read file and put the name of the file that i've just saved and open it. if it is off from the table i click the elb button and choose move. after i have done whatever i have to do to that file i save it and open the cam interface.