585,753 active members*
3,745 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Delta Tau

Delta Tau

Hi,

Has anybody used the Delta Tau PC to CNC retrofit system..?
    It looks like it will work with any type of servo/ amp set up..?

Wondering how good the software and hardware is and how easy/hard it is to set up.

Cheers John.

I installed a pmac pac on a nc punch press which went well. Should have used the card in a pc which is my new project retrofitting a 8 axis turbo to a 9 axis press brake. You can go online and get the programming manual which will give you an idea of what is involved. Unless you are using it in a vertical mill you will have to write your own operating software. The wireing is the easy part. Extremely powerful control which should be able to perform any task. As far as the servo amp, it can control anything on the market past and present. Incorporate a touch screen and you get rid of a lot of wireing while freeing up some imputs. A while back on E-bay someone was selling the Geo-brick which has the turbo 4-axis control and servo drives for $999.00. I don't think he got a bid, but has not relisted. He stated he had 6ea for sell ?? Maybe someone purchased all of them. Good luck and I hope you are like me and don't need much sleep.

I've used Delta Tau's Geo Brick drive/controller. It is very powerful and flexible, but not really for a beginners. I like their products, but have had very bad experience with reliability.

any1 here has used the open servo method for writting user defined servo algorithms? need some expert help. thank you