585,977 active members*
4,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > 4th axis movement (and a few other gen ?s)

4th axis movement (and a few other gen ?s)

hey everyone - new member here..
    I don't have a cnc machine yet, I'm waiting for the acumotion ppl to call back - but in the meantime, I figure I can learn to program the software.

So, what g-codes are used to rotate the rotary table? I tried something G00 A5, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't found any GOOD g-code references online, anyone have any references? Somethign that shows various ways to use certain g-codes...

Also, does anyone know of places with canned cycles/programs that I can use to learn from

Dear Corpse, (I hope that is not how you really are. )

It would depend on what your rotary table and controller want to "see" to index the table. G00 A5. would move a Haas table 5 degrees.

Do you have any manuals with your table? Or your controller?

As for the G code thing do a search here and you should finds several posts. I remember one just the other day Started by a Kathy, that had some good links.

Here is a link to that post. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...highlight=code

Unfortunately ever controller can use different G codes. So again it would be depend on what you are using. Same thing with canned cycles.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I don't have anything yet -as I mentioned, I'm planning on ordering the cnc when I get ahold of the Acumotion ppl (person).. The A axis *seems* to be supported http://www.acumotion.com/gcode.shtml but when I try it in their software, the display isn't updating, like it does with the x/y/z - so I figured I might be doing it wrong. I suppose I should just stick with learning x/y/z before I hit the rotational stuff - at least until I get the unit