586,013 active members*
4,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

eia subprogram

I need some help with a program that requires some thread milling. I need to make a threaded bolt hole pattern. Ive wrote the bolt hole circle using m-plus controll. Ive also wrote a thread milling program in eia that ive already proofed. My question is How do i thread mill all the holes in the pattern. I can go in and modify my thread mill cylce for each hole, but i know there's a better way can anyone help me?

Use the OFFSET unit to set the centre of each hole as X0 Y0 then call you eia program. Works a treat. You can get the X and Y values from the graphic screen if you leave the WPC at X0 Y0 and run it single step.

I generally would create separate WCP lines for each hole then put duplicate units under them with a Manual program. I try to stay away from sub programs due only to the fact that Mazatrol will not allow you to do a restart at a sub program unit. At least neither of the two Mazaks we have will.

You could make it manual unit and then it would run like a eia program, but be a mazatrol program.

That's the way we did it, rewrite your EIA code into a manual unit and copy it using the offset units I mentioned above, that way you can restart if you need to run it again when sizing in.