585,722 active members*
3,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Vacuum Pump

Vacuum Pump

Hi, I had readed most of the threads regarding the vacuum table issue, i am looking for using something industrial, for continuos and multiple shape/material use. All comercial CNC routers packages advertise a FPZ or Becker, pump, and in most cases they are Regenerative type pumps, i had looked averywhere and seem that all the specs for this pumps are below the specs that i saw in previous threads in cnczone, so i might be out of focus about flowrate vs. vacuum, so i will plainly ask if a 18 HP Regenerative Pump with 100 inches of water and 795 CFM might be suitable for a 4x8 router table, which will be working mainly with mdf, and melamine, though a 3/4 sacrificial board. Thanks in advance to all of you who may share some of your knowledge with me.

Jose Camilo

Quote Originally Posted by jfcamilo View Post
    ..... with 100 inches of water....

Jose Camilo
    Full vacuum is about 32 feet of water which is around 380 inches.

100 inches of vacuum is not enough for direct vacuum hold down never mind using it with a spoil board.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Full vacuum is about 32 feet of water which is around 380 inches.

100 inches of vacuum is not enough for direct vacuum hold down never mind using it with a spoil board.
    Geof,

First of all thanks for your quick reply, i will like to know in your experience wich is a suitable vacuum pump (brand and/or model) that might be suited for my task?

Thanks once again.

Jose Camilo

Sorry, cannot help with that information as I have never bought a vacuum pump.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Jose,buonas diaz,
    Read this...http://www.shopbottools.com/vacuumholddown.htm
    Regen blowers are high CFM low pressure typically 5psi and suited for larger parts and pull through MDF spoil boards.Rotary vane are high vacuum low cfm and can get near 15PSI but leaks can be a problem and they are more expensive.If you are cutting cabinet parts I would go with the blower although our shop has a 25Hp Gast rotary vane.I think it cost $13 grand.
    Here is another link for a regen blower.http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5F243
    I will check the specs on our pump and post later.
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Igalla, thanks for your reply, i have been out of contact because of bussines, and in the meanwhile i bought a FPZ regen vacuum wich should be delivered to me soon, they claim that it makes the work, thanks to all that have replied.

Jose Camilo