584,849 active members*
4,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hobby (Priced) Software

Dolphin CAD/CAM around the world!!!

Ok, so we are willing to try this out. I have talked to hundreds of different users out there that would enjoy having a complete CAD/CAM system but just can not afford to pay for one. Some systems as we already know offer competetive pricing although some also do not direct themselves at the hobby market.

We believe our hobbyists are just as important as a large corporation. We have added a hobbyist link to our webpage. Due to forum policies, I can not publicly discuss pricing although we would be happy to do so in private.

Feel free to take a look, send the info and give it a whirl.
    (Dolphin Hobby Page)
    http://www.dolphincadcamusa.com/Hobby.html

(Dolphin Main Page)
    http://www.dolphincadcamusa.com/index.html

We are hoping to help thousands more out there as we have helped many already.

Thanks for your time.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Update

Ok so I would just like to update here. It's quite amazing how many hobby users really are out there. Since being posted on here, there has already been over 75 different requests from various different levels of hobbyists.

We are really looking forward to helping everyone out there.

Thanks again.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Count me in! I got my copy just a couple days ago. I'm looking forward to getting into it and making some cuts!

Something to address publicly. We have 3 different levels of software. We work on all three of them for hobby users. Hobby users are not just required to use Level 1 and thats it. We have actually have distributed more L2 and L3 than L1. I have recieved many questions regarding this so I figured I would let everyone know.

Thanks.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

After posting this about 2 weeks ago, it's quite amazing to see how many hobby users around the world they're are. I'm glad that we can help contribute in some ways as this hobby can become expensive. We will continue to target smaller companies as well as hobby users.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Regardless whether your budget is only $100.00 or $2,000.00, we are finding ways to help pretty much everyone!

We have seen a vast variety of requests come in and are pround to help in several different ways!!
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

you've been great to deal with
    i've never kept it a secret in these forums that the freewares and such would be all a hobby guy needs but it takes time to piece everything together ,
    you drive a pretty hard bargain so i couldn t resist and bit ,it is nice to have most everything in one package , so far i haven t had the time to cut anything with it but i have been playing with the software quite a bit and i'm quite happy with what i see in it , the code produced is solid .
    theres a few learning curves involved , no different from anything else .
    it's refreshing , unseen and apreciated to see someone kick back the price for the weekend warrior who may cut out a few shelves , most companies tend to get pretty greedy and keep the so called hobby price where it is just barely within reach ( a penny short of breaking a guy ) to keep the customers slowly coming but digging deep into their pockets or simply left behind

your doing a great job

thanks
    Curt
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Thank you Dertsap.

I hear exactly what you're saying also.

If for say your budget is 1K, most companies would more than likely offer you the product in whichever case that may be for $999.00.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

either $999 or $1001 , its only 1 dollar above budget
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

A few changes added to the site to help out a bit more. This has really helped many users out there.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

I will be the first to admit what dolphin has done has helped me a tremendous amount.

Awesome Software! Excellent for DXF Import

Hi All,

I just got started on importing dxf files into the Dolphin CAM. I am very pleased with the ease of use, the built in simulator, and the history tree.

Excellent software for an excellent price!

Andy

Modular CNC Technology
    CNC Routers and Components

Couldnt agree more

Just giving a heads up, the website is currently being reconstructed. The hobby info / page may be down temporarily. It will not be long term, just during the transition to the new site. Thanks for understanding.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

The hobby page should be back up and working now. Will check back later.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Is there a way to change the link on the first post? That is the old link and I can not edit it to the new link...

Any suggestions?
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Well, until somebody figures that out: Would you please post the new link here?

Thanks,

CR.

Hi CR-

The current link is http://www.dolphincadcamusa.com/inde...ntact&Itemid=4

Over the weekend, we plan to add some actual videos of parts being machine as well as a few other things. Will keep posted here...
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Re: Hobby (Priced) Software

As your new hobby, I recommended using Cimatron paid software...

Re: Hobby (Priced) Software

Perhaps it makes sense to invest in the development of your own software? This could be an awesome startup idea.