585,954 active members*
3,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Small servo systems and power supply

Lightbulb Small servo systems and power supply

IMService has released a new series of inexpensive servo motors and timing belt reducer drives. They are designed for "do it yourself" CNC conversions of small desktop machines such as Sherline, Taig and the many imported mills and lathes and also CNC routers. The motors and drives are available individually and also included in a new series of low cost CNC conversion kits.

The motors are rated at 1.75 amp 30 volts and 20 oz-in. Peak stall torque is 170 oz-in. With the belt reducers, the drives operate at 1000 rpm max, with rated torque of 60 oz-in and peak torque is around 500 oz-in. They have .25 dia, D-flat shafts, front and back, and 500 line HEDS encoders. The reducers bolt onto the same bolt pattern as a NEMA 23 stepper motor. The motors are optimized to work with the DeskCNC, step and direction driven servo driver cards, but will work with other servo drivers as well.

A new power supply kit is also available with a 160 VA torroidal transformer and major components for a 28vdc supply.

For additional information http://www.cadcamcadcam.com
    look under the CNC Kits and Servo Motor sections.

The systems will be on display at the Iron Fever exhibition from August 13-15, 2004.

Fred Smith - IMService

Do you think I can make those reducer drives work on a 7x lathe? As any of your customers done it?

Nice little setup

cheers

I don't have anything to say but I'm tired of seeing the Chinese posts about Oil Purification and other junk. Since there doesn't seem to be a moderator of the posts the only way to get them off the front page is for other products like yours to get some posts!(nuts)

looking to purchase a highly regarded tabetop mill

Hi all!
    I am new to this whole business! So thought I would talk about myself some.
    I came to this site to research Table top milling machines.
    I design small disposable medical products from my home and would like to purchase a CNC milling machine for making molds and small medical parts.
    I also have an inclination to design and build catheter assembly machines thermal formers,shaft bonding, small silicone molding machines,etc.
    I now have a ENCO 9X36 Vertical Knee mill, a Jet 13X36 Lathe, 2 small Sherline lathes and a Sherline Tabletop mill. Bought most of these used and repaired what needed fixing. All have served me well and I have some time this year to pursue other ideas.
    To make a long story short what machine would any of you suggest I find?
    Which have treated you all well? Which have treated you badly?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
    SteveS