585,719 active members*
4,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > run mazaks, how difficult is hyundai control?

run mazaks, how difficult is hyundai control?

Looking at getting a good deal on a Hit 18s, how difficult is learning the controls, I am used to mazatrol m32-2 and t32-2, I read somewhere it is tough to learn, can anyone shed some light on the subject? Thanks

It's a tough control to learn. For example if you download a program from a computer to machine..... you have to go in to quite many subscreen to get there, specially when setting up and you want to get to Relative position/ increment page it get quite flustrative. It's same apply to every other feature.
    However, do good side of this control is one get good at this it easy to demand a raise.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

I guess thats why I may get a good deal, it's in a shop where the employees don't know how to run it. thanks

well start with cutting a radius is a b code
    g codes are a night nightmare
    2 years and still have a hard time

i actually enjoy the hyundai programming. got the basics from cardinal machinery then taught myself everything else. done alot of duck and turkey calls on it. my new fadal is my next headache but i'll get it.

Smile Depends

First, Hyundai and Kia were equipped with Industry standard Siemens, Mitz, Fanuc, and Yasnac controls over the years and all have their own idiosyncrasies. Today, Hyundai-Kia Machine America equips their machines almost exclusively Fanuc, although some Siemems machines are still available. If you have been running a Mazatrol, any new control you switch to is going to have a learning curve. People who have been running Fanuc for years, have difficulty with Mazak and vice-versa. It’s a change from your comfort zone but understand that proprietary controls like the Mazak, Haas, etc are not industry standard and won’t ever be an industry standard. Getting away from it is a necessary evil....