585,712 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Introducing the "Xaser"- Low cost laser marking mill/router add-on
Page 1 of 4 123

Introducing the "Xaser"- Low cost laser marking mill/router add-on

Hello, I am Eric from Xaser Systems.

I am bringing you a new upcoming product that im sure a lot of you will love!!

Its the Xaser !!!!

What is it?

The Xaser is an extremely low cost laser engraving and marking attachment that can be used on many existing mill/router as an add-on right along side your existing spindle!!!

The Xaser is capable of marking most materials. It will even mark some lighter color materials such as balsa wood, and even cut completely through thinner darker materials.

For you r/c hobbyists into foamies, it will even cut completely through 3mm gray Depron and will cut 6mm gray Depron to about 5mm with one pass or all the way through with 2 passes.

It can even do those nice looking photo engravings!!!!

It loves darker woods such as Mahogany!! However lighter woods are possible at slower feeds.

It is capable of marking/cutting at speeds up to 30 IPM (dependent on material.

The system is capable of TTL control so it can be turned on/off by Mach3 and your breakout board.

The focal length can be adjusted for variances in mounting locations and minimum z travels.

The system includes:

Laser Head (self contained-air cooled)
    Laser Power Supply
    Laser Head Mount
    Wiring Harness
    Laser Safety Glasses
    Instruction Manual

The system is INCREDIBLY easy to install and programming is just as you would do for a mill (except for the z axis of course).

How much????

The introductory price of the complete, ready to install and run system
    is......$249.00+ shipping Yep, you read it right $249.00

We will be offering a more powerfull system with twice the power in the next few weeks. Its introductory price will be a whopping $349.00 + shipping.

If you have interest in the system or any questions please post them in this thread or contact me HERE

I will post some pics and video of the system in action in the next few days.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Xaser Systems

Looking forward to see more information here on the thread... been looking for low cost laser to add to my growing number of toys...
    Stupid questions make me smarter...
    See how smart I've become at www.9w2bsr.com ;-P

This I got to see!

Skip20

I'm interested. What's the power of the laser and what type is it? I expect that for that price you are using a laser diode, probably the same one used in a 20X or 22X DVD burner.

I am very interested.
    Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Xaser

Very Interested -Please supply more info

Hey all, I am working on the media package now and will have it up soon. We had all the media ready for the most part and the memory card we were using to transport it was rendered dead by one of our card readers, so we have to re-do most of it.

It is in fact a solid state diode laser, however it is not the type used in DVD burners. It is much more powerfull than that. It is a DPSS laser. The actual laser diode itself is a 2watt laser diode pumping a crystal.

We may even be able to offer a slightly less introductory cost!!

I'm interested too! Do locals get a discount?

Keep me posted when the higher power unit is available.

Brian

Locals!!! Discount!!!!

Actually, as I stated earlier, we may be able to offer a better intro price than the $249.00, however it will probably only be for the first 50 units or so, then it will probably go up to the projected retail of $279.00.

The higher power units are actually pretty much ready, we are just waiting on optics, which will be a week or so out.

OK, I have confirmed we can offer the first 50 pieces at the low price of $229.99 + shipping.

After the first 50 are gone the price will go up to the projected $279.99, which is still a bargain for such a system.

The intro price of the higher power unit will be $329.99 +shipping and will be available late next week. However it will be limited to 30 pieces at this price.

I will have the media done shortly. I have to do a few new videos of it in action.

hell yeah, I'm in...

What will the performance of the more expensive model be? Thanks.

Mike M.

How about giving us some details. What is the output power of the two models?

I get very nervous when I see an announcement like this. Lots of hype, no details, pictures, videos, etc.

hi there

can you please suggest is it possible to ship the complete ready module to india where i stay

and also what should be the price of shipping to india

For all of you wanting specs , details and pics etc., we are working on the media package now and will have it up soon. It will contain all spec data, pics etc. It would have been posted along with the first post but the data was corrupted on the card we were using, but I thought I would post a teaser anyway.

Please keep in mind, this system is not an industrial power laser capable of cutting "through" most materials. It is being marketed as a laser marking system, that just so happens to have the capability of cutting through some materials, and scoring some materials enough to provide a clean break. Also, it does not come with an industrial laser price tag either, but it is a very capable system that will provide years of reliable service.

Question Agent.

Do you have an in agent in Australia, or do you need one. PM me please.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Sign me up!
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Very interested in the higher power model, but need more info.
    Bill
    Sydney, Australia

You'll shoot your eye out!!!

Page 1 of 4 123