585,582 active members*
4,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi Seiki HT 20

When I use internal operations and have coolant hitting the inside of the part
    the coolant will come out the back of the spindle, you know where the long bars hang out the back. I know I can put some kind of cover on the back of the spindle but it seems like it should have been designed to drain this coolant back to the coolant pan. There is a plastic hose connection in the back but it doesnt come out that. By the way it doesnt start coming out until the inside of the spindle gets full first so it acts like something is plugged up somewhere. Thanks Mike.

Not sure what your question is...

But I've got one of these machines. At the back of the spindle, there is a small box (approx 6"x6"x6"). The box has a hole in it through which the bars are inserted, and it has a screen and drain with a hose at the bottom. The hose just hangs down and needs to be put in the coolant tray or else it drains to the floor.

There is a second hose attached about a foot from the back of the spindle that also drains down to the coolant, but I don't think its for coolant, its probably lube oil draining from the spindle or other places.

Sounds to me like you're missing the drainage box at the back, it just bolts on the back with 6 or 8 bolts i think, so someone must have removed it...

Threading

Thanks drifwood for your reply. I think I have that box you described except mine is round. Otherwise it sounds the same,I think anyway. I use the 3j collet system and looking isnside the spindle I dont see where the coolant can go to drain. The drain at the end of the round box is there but no path that I can see for the coolant. Any Ideas.

Also. I have only the G92 threading cycle. The other threading cycles are options that arnt turned on. Any idea how to cut internal threads with this machine with that in mind? Thanks. Mike.