585,894 active members*
5,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Needing some help and desgin plans

Ok since no one seems to want to answer all rewrite the question I'm looking to make a 4 axis CNC Machine hopefully not to big im going to be doing complex 3D Models only into Foam and Machine Wax maby wood every once in a while I'm looking for a guide to biulding one DIY style I know its alot of work and buying one is easyer but face it bugets are tight and I have all the materials I need to make one including curcuitry and the ability of making my own curcuits hopefully someone has done this before and is willing to show how they did it and the secmatics for the motor controllers thanks everyone

yup, lots of people have done it in lots of different ways... AND, they've put _all_ the details online in this forum. The kicker is that you only need to browse the forum to get all the information you're after.

Thekm the problem is I have been looking for a little while I did find the 4th axis addition and plans but the problem is making the controller I'm not to sure about them but I would like to use MasterCamX to create the code for the CNC because its quite easy once you have learned how to do it. But its the controller im woried about because ive seen some but they all use linux and emc2 or something like that I have Mach3 and would like a controller able to work with a few different servo's or steppers anyhelp would be great on the subject this subject I have plans on the way im going to build it steel base with alum and brass above so it looks nice and works great Might even try to get it working with small brass and alum but the whole thing comes down to the controller and making one

The Most inportant thing is the PC to CNC link and I would like to completly make it I have all the tools to do so Just need the plans drawing's etc and how to make it work with Mach3 This is a 4 axis controller not 3 I've only really seen the 3 axis controller's

Check out PMinMO.com They have alot of controller schematics on the website and really good documentation on them all.
    My Website and Buildlogs - www.myhomecnc.info

hit up the electronics section for the driver boards. HobbyCNC has a 4 axis kit. It's not plans, but I don't think he's price gouging on any of the components either.

Darkstar, I think you're problem is laziness. People here tend to think anyone coming on board and asking such an arbitrary question as "How do I build a complete automobile?" for example would not get many responces. Here on the forum there is more than enough info to build about 100 different models of CNC type machines. I suggest you read some more, then read some more. Maybe if you post a specific question about ONE aspect of CNC building that you are confused about maybe someone will answer. Oh, and try to be polite.