585,758 active members*
4,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CNC (Mill / Lathe) Control Software (NC) > Cincinnati Milacron Acramatic 2100 Power Supply Failure error

Question Cincinnati Milacron Acramatic 2100 Power Supply Failure error

I'm new, thought I would give these boards a shot. I am trying to help out a family member,I've got a Cincinnati Milacron Acramatic 2100, and upon booting up the control panel, it gets stuck on 3 while loading the menu.
    I looked at the error log, and it was getting "Power Supply Failure" alerts. The menu will load after a while, but anytime I choose another option ie: "Machine", or "Diagnostics" etc. I get an error that says "This version is an older version... blah blah, in version 2 you can do this, etc." Then services.exe files start to fail, or crash. I opened up the panel in the back, and the computer itself seem to be running ok. Although below that there are 4 black boxes that are below that, with red lights lit up next to "Undervoltage" and all of them say that. I guess the only guy who services these machines for Socal is always busy. Anyone have any insight?

*edit*
    When I was able to get into the menu, I went to diagnostics, more diagnostics, and saw entries for real time processor, i/o, etc. when i enabled them, then ran the diagnostics again, everything seems fine. no exe errors, etc. but after a few minutes, or test runs, the errors come back again. could it just be the power supply to the computer inside? or do i have to reload the software? or could this be an actual power supply problem with the machine itself?

I went to a computer store after talking to a local cnc mechanic. he said that the power supply to the computer inside usually goes bad after a couple of years. I tried replacing it with one from fry's electronics, but the power supply itself was bad. getting a new one and going to try it again

See if you have multiple versions of the software installed, you can find that in one of the menus , try to revert to previous version and see if it fix the problem

Dear Sir.

You have to change you TX power supply, go to a computer store and buy an old TX's type power supply and change it in your control. you have to remember the conector P8 and P9 in the PCA board and reinstall the power supply as the original in the control, check the black cable in both connectors.
    If you need more help, please do not hersitage in contact us.

Hello to every body Iam so glad to contact you

I need a help I have a Cincinnati cnc 750arrow ,when ITry to switch it on last week the touch screen didn't work I retrated switch it on several times but the problem still as it's I don't know what to do