585,679 active members*
5,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

no sense of direction

well i just moved everything out to the machine after all tested good in its bench test, now on machine axis's only want to go one way. but when x is moving and jog z the x changes direction, sometimes hitting stop button then go again changes direction on a z or x axis y always just goes one way. could lpt port setting have changed by moving the computer. Ive changed hot keys to no avail. Motors work fine all setting work on them they dont want to get dir signal. I'm going to go into bios and check how the port is set. I did the enable disable high and low changed pin configs. Setup is sony desktop, 302v geckos, 180 oz 8 wire steppers running on 42 volts. no breakout and the geckos work great and the common lead does go to parallel port ground pin, no extra 5 volt supply needed. we shall overcome even if we have to read every single last post on this web site but lets not have to do that. thanks for any advice or help joe.

from your lab case to machine case, any changes that may be introducing signal noise? equipment running near by, changes in wiring, spindle hooked up in both cases, outputs/mechanical relays, routing of signal and power cables???