585,973 active members*
3,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

driver board suggestions

I need some suggestions for a completed driver board.I currently have the hobby cnc 3 axis cnc kit and cant get the board to work right.So i need a board that will work with the 305 oz motors that i already have and the 32 volt powersupply.the motors have 8 wires.thanks.

What is the problem you are having with the HobbyCNC board? How many wires do your motors have and how many amps are they rated for?

only the x axis works.the y and z axis dont work.the motors dont even lock up.when i hook the motor to the x axis it will spin but doesnt seem to have much torque.all 3 motors act the same when hooked to the x axis.im using mach 3 demo to test i have double checked the settings in the software they are good.all the jumpers are set the same for all 3 axis.sometimes when i use mach to jog the motor it will spin in one direction and when i use the same jog button it will spin in the other direction.it is pretty easy to stop the motor from turning with my finger but it still sounds like it is turning and the software says its turning but its not.
    the motors are 3 amp i believe with 8 wires.Im getting 31 volts at the tb6 terminal on the board.

Contact me offlist @ [email protected]. I will accept reparable Xylotex and HobbyCNC boards as partial credit for one of my systems. www.probotix.com

>Len